Landlord rights

(52 Posts)
Derpess Fri 19-Apr-13 19:53:29

Moving out in just over a week and landlord is arranging viewings. Me and DH have said that we would rather one of us is present as it's our home etc and could he do them evenings or weekends. Landlord has now said basically he will try but if there are any he can't then he is going to do them whether we are there or like it or not.

Am I right in thinking that he needs permission and can't let himself in if we have said we're not happy? Is it trespass?

Also we feel we have been very accommodating so far by taking time off when he has wanted to do viewings at 9am, but we don't want to use up any more leave to do this.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

specialsubject Sun 21-Apr-13 20:07:30

the OP suggested the obvious and reasonable compromise and the landlord has agreed. Excellent.

the landlord did get it wrong. However owning a property and renting it out for money does seem to be considered a crime by a lot of people on here.

Oh, that's good to hear. smile

I wonder if maybe he'd not meant to come across quite so all-guns-blazing before? Or maybe he just checked the law and realized. Nice to have a good ending, either way.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now