Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To have a favourite episode of Come Dine with me and to get excited when it's repeated?

(152 Posts)
Spice17 Fri 19-Apr-13 16:17:21

Almost like a favourite film, if it's on I have to watch. It's a celebrity one.

A Killers song on the radio just made me think of it.

If you can guess which one it is, I wonder if you share my sad existence enthusiasm?

No one? Oh.

<looks around sadly >

Gerrof Sat 20-Apr-13 16:20:04

And Grand Designs, where that psychopath of a man built this ridiculously overwrought design of a house where the seagull wing shaped wooden roof leaked. I wonder what happened there. I secretly hope that the man's wife killed him.

TheCrackFox Sat 20-Apr-13 16:28:54

Did that house ever get finished? Felt very sorry for his kids (she had some choice in leaving the scary wanker).

I only like CDWM when everyone makes an effort to be nice. I hate it when they are all really vile to each other.

[typical people pleaser emoticon]

AmIthatSpringy Sat 20-Apr-13 16:29:20

grin oh yes Wannabe, the Polish lady with the beef. Jobbie grin

Lesley was really letchy, but I think the young lad was lapping it up

Gerrof Sat 20-Apr-13 16:35:28

There was an update on Grand Designs on the seagull roof house, it still wasn't finished.

He sold the house they were living in and told his wife they were moving to rented the following week iirc. Made all these sweeping decisions without consulting her. Horrible short little man.

Gerrof Sat 20-Apr-13 16:36:06

I also like the cdwm where they all get on and like each other far more than when they hate each other and are really horrible.

Piffpaffpoff Sat 20-Apr-13 16:38:00

Gerrof I saw the lady from that episode of relocation in Kelvingrove last year and pointed her out to my friend, who looked at me as if I was mad for knowing that.

Anyway, my fave CDWM are the man from Ayrshire (I think?) who made pigs trotters and they were something like 20p each, and Jane who had a framed Heston Blumenthal menu on her wall and was a teensy bit pretentious.

And obviously the one with the MNetter, who had given us a blow by blow account as she filmed her week.

GoEasyPudding Sat 20-Apr-13 16:38:34

I am rather fond of the episode that featured a chocolate shoe as a dessert centre piece.

I don't know why but I found the whole episode to be delightful and funny and I often think about that chocolate shoe and smile to myself.....

I too like it when at the end of an episode an outgoing gay guy proclaims everyone will be friends for ever now as they have had such a nice time.

SarahAndFuck Sat 20-Apr-13 16:44:04

Hazel the lady making coulis from jam and water is my favourite episode. She has the little dog that farts under the table too.

We call her the farting dog jam lady and any repeats of her evening fill me with joy.

I kind of like 1970's dead mouse lady as well though.

CPtart Sat 20-Apr-13 17:00:45

I'm from Preston. Dawn is quite a celebrity round these parts!!

MrsMacFarlane Sat 20-Apr-13 17:02:31

CPtart Tell Us More!! Do you know "moist" Valerie and Vicious Queen Ber-NARD as well???

CPtart I live up the road from Dawn's nail place. Is Valerie the deidre look alikey? If it is my claim to fame is I ate in the same indian restaurant as her, at the same time grin

VIX1980 Sat 20-Apr-13 17:09:34

Oh i love the vera one too, where she had to borrow chairs from the neighbours so they were all sat around at odd heights, and the faces they gave each other with her homemade cocktails dished out in special 1920's plasticy glasses.

I also loved Ray from Liverpool who did tai chi in the local park and talked a lot like ringo star but slower, he was vegan and the front runner for most boring man on the planet, they all dreaded getting to ech others houses early in case they had to wait with him.

Also loved the 1 with the cross dresser which had the man who took mayonnaise everywhere with him and he was also on john bishops programme too, think he owned a sweet shop. I still have that recorded on the planner and i dare anyone to try and delete it.

<<think i may of found my favourite thread ever>> grin

MrsMacFarlane Sat 20-Apr-13 17:17:56

Ray the professional Liverpudlian. He was as dull as ditchwater and had zero self awareness. He must have said "ahm a scouser" about 50 times an ep and even sang "in my Liverpool home" aaarrrghgh.

The sweetshop guy was a genuinely funny man, I think that one was Brighton.

itshothere Sat 20-Apr-13 17:21:52

Love love cdwm smile . The one where the contestant died after filming didn't win. A woman won it and gave half of her money to him because his sister was ill at that time. How nice of her. DH want's to know if there is a token gay guy in every village cos he reckons one appears in every episode ?
I liked the one where the guy in Devon was a cross dresser and greeted his guests as his alter ego. His famous artist dinner guest was most offended grin .

SarahAndFuck Sat 20-Apr-13 17:23:58

I hated Ray from Liverpool.

MrsMacFarlane Sat 20-Apr-13 17:24:39

So did I Sarah, he was a tedious cunt.

MsJupiterJones Sat 20-Apr-13 17:25:23

I have a favourite episode of Homes Under The Hammer, when a woman bought a pub. I cried and then cried again when they repeated it.

Favourite episode of cdwm probably the sweet shambolic man who cooked crepes Suzette only I think he had the wrong liqueur or something. Was he the same one as the cat one? Or the warm cheesy balls one? I forget. All the other diners were really nice to him though.

MrsMacFarlane Sat 20-Apr-13 17:25:27

...oh, did you realise he was from LIVERPOOL?

Wannabestepfordwife Sat 20-Apr-13 17:26:27

Can anyone else remember the man who embalmed his mother?

Another personal highlight was the episode where there was only 3 and the woman had unusual teeth and kept jars of her hair around her flat

RiffyWammal Sat 20-Apr-13 17:26:48

Aw I was sure it would be the one when Dane Bowers gave Dani Behr food poisoning!

One of my favourite weeks is one with a really awful, conceited woman who is nasty about the other contestants and so in love with herself it's untrue - I wish I could remember her name. She looks a bit like Miranda's annoying friend Stevie and had at least one spoiled little dog, used constant malapropisms and couldn't use a knife and fork properly whilst looking down on every one else's manners.

Wannabestepfordwife Sat 20-Apr-13 17:28:40

riffy I know who you mean the one who was late one night and everyone else was glad she wasn't there think she was called Tracey

mrsjay Sat 20-Apr-13 17:28:47

Ooooh is it the episode when the woman falls asleep upstairs and the guests have to cook her dinner? That's my favourite

i think thats the blackpool one I love she winges and falls asleep and the other guy makes her dinner grin

MrsMacFarlane Sat 20-Apr-13 17:29:44

RiffyWammal, was that the woman who was a party clown on the side (and she was the LAST person you could imagine being a children's entertainer). She kept putting food in her handbag and had no sense of humour whatsoever.

I remember the guy who embalmed his mum, that was a really early one. He won the competition even though he'd just stuck some camembert in the oven and cut up some bits of celery.

mrsjay Sat 20-Apr-13 17:34:29

t was Preston.
Dawn, from Preston.

ach I thought it was blackpool near enough i spose,

I love that woman val her name was she had a weird voice and pursey lips and cooked salmon she was fab grin there was a facebook appreciation society to her, ( her name may not have been val though)

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 20-Apr-13 17:34:34

Oh yes, Ray the Vegan, he really was the must boring man alive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now