to think you can't just crap in the street!!

(309 Posts)
RescueCack Thu 18-Apr-13 07:25:04

DH has just come back from a run and sheepishly told me that he took a dump in a bush. Again. This is not the first time. It doesn't happen regularly, but it has happened. How can he think this is ok??

He says he has no choice. I asked him, if he was surrounded by people watching him he would have held it, and he said 'yes, but I would have had to end my run'. So finishing a run is more important than not crapping in public???

He asked me to post because he thinks he will be validated. I know he wont. There is no way this is normal or ok. Judge him hard.

almapudden Thu 18-Apr-13 09:33:40

A friend of a friend (honestly!) has been known to do this. I've always made it to a loo myself, but it's been a close-run thing lol on occasion.

I am on the fence. Yes, it's gross, but I can understand the need. And to thise freaking out about their children potentially stepping in poo: really, who lets their children play in the bushes on the verge?

Iwouldgoout I'm sure that was horrible for you, but did make me laugh smile

scarletforya Thu 18-Apr-13 09:34:55

Nasty, yuk!

badguider Thu 18-Apr-13 09:35:16

When you run, if you need to go you have to go - it's impossible to hold poo and run. So if you're far from home and need to run back you need to find a toilet or a bush.
I haven't had the problem myself except on my short morning runs when I can get home, but if I did then I would find a toilet if in an urban area and a bush/tree if out in the countryside.
I guess it depends where his poo bush was... by the side of a city street is yuck but deep in a woodland is probably forgivable if a one-off.

Eskino Thu 18-Apr-13 09:35:39

"I'm running" is not an excuse to shit in the street. Even for Paula Radcliffe. It's just disgusting.

He needs to take a bag and some loo roll, problem solved?

badguider Thu 18-Apr-13 09:36:44

Oh, and 3 times in 15 YEARS of regular running hardly indicates he needs to carry poo bags on all his runs... or that he's 'making a habit of it'. hmm

thistlelicker Thu 18-Apr-13 09:37:40

Report him to the police! It's disgusting and a grown adult!! I'd be ashamed of him regardless of how many times its been! Dirty fucker

thistlelicker Thu 18-Apr-13 09:38:06

And to think somebody's as to potentially poppy scoop his shit

ScrambledSmegs Thu 18-Apr-13 09:39:46

I used to run with a club. We were divided on this issue. Most of the older male runners and some of the ultra-competitive runners thought it was fine to dump and leave. The rest of us thought it was vile, but if you really have to, carry a bag to dispose of it.

When I say ultra-competitive I don't mean they were the best runners, by the way hmm

I do hope this is a joke, but if not how absolutely disgusting and disrespectful!!!
Going for a wee is different and isn't comparable to needing a shit, urine is harder to hold in. But ffs shitting is totally witholdable and he could have simply waited until afterwards and go to a lavatory like a decent human would.
Ltb seriously, not even my toddler dc have shit in the street, ever!

thenightsky Thu 18-Apr-13 09:40:15
landofsoapandglory Thu 18-Apr-13 09:41:08

Disgusting!

I don't need a reason not to go running, but if I did that would be it!

SoupDragon Thu 18-Apr-13 09:41:12

3 times in 15 YEARS of regular running hardly indicates he needs to carry poo bags on all his runs

Yes it does because he should at least clear it up if it happens. Just like dog owners should.

scarletforya Thu 18-Apr-13 09:41:12

I never realised this was a running 'thing' shock

Running is an even more unpleasant than I thought. I don't get it, what could be so pleasurable that you would think you 'need' to poop in public! shock Just don't run! Get fit near a toilet. Grim!

nenevomito Thu 18-Apr-13 09:42:45

You may want to tell him that my 3yo can manage to hold onto a poo until she gets to a toilet.

How the fuck can he think that shitting in the bushes is OK?

If he's going to do this <pukes> then at least take a baggie and some bog roll so he's not so utterly vile.

landofsoapandglory Thu 18-Apr-13 09:46:02

shock that poor man, thenightsky. Why is he still running, and not somewhere cleaning himself up?

Fakebook Thu 18-Apr-13 09:49:01

Ugh. That is so disgusting, not to mention a health risk to passers by. Male poo is more foul than female poo. Yuck.

Stinkyminkymoo Thu 18-Apr-13 09:51:15

Thanks Nightsky! That's the very image I think of when I hear the words 'runner' and 'poo' in the same sentence, makes me gag!

Idocrazythings Thu 18-Apr-13 09:53:59

I'm a bit of a runner and I understand…. Poor DH. Fortunately it has never happened to me, but I have had to go into one or two pubs just to use the toilets, and also have been seen banging insistently on the front door at home to be let in…

Just a serious question, would you rather he crapped his pants then- it does come on quickly and pain fully?

quoteunquote Thu 18-Apr-13 09:54:23

Campaign for more public toilets?

AgathaF Thu 18-Apr-13 09:56:13

So, was the bush in someone's garden (so the someone might touch it when gardening) or on the verge (so council workers might touch it
when tidying etc)?

Disgusting, he should be ashamed of himself. As others have said, if it's a known problem for runner then they should take a bag and deal with it responsibly.

Women manage to change pads/tampons as required, by making sure that they plan ahead and are near a toilet when they need to be. Can you imagine the outcry if women started dumping used sanitary gear in bushes on the roadside just because they weren't near a toilet?

Your DH is quite right that runners would understand and non-runners wouldn't.

HOWEVER: if he pooped anywhere remotely urban, he should have got in his car as soon as he got home, gone back and cleaned it up.

I've always run in deep woods, and so have just buried myself in deep undergrowth when I've been caught short. I

If I were street running, I'd just stop and walk until I either found a toilet or head home (walking). There's no excuse for pooping where people are nearby.

maddening Thu 18-Apr-13 09:58:18

If you are a runner and often defecate outside - rural or otherwise - take bags with you to take it home.

Even in rural areas - people live there and use those areas too - why should they have to dodge your poo!

And to add, I've always dug a hole and buried it. Deeply!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now