to think you can't just crap in the street!!

(309 Posts)
RescueCack Thu 18-Apr-13 07:25:04

DH has just come back from a run and sheepishly told me that he took a dump in a bush. Again. This is not the first time. It doesn't happen regularly, but it has happened. How can he think this is ok??

He says he has no choice. I asked him, if he was surrounded by people watching him he would have held it, and he said 'yes, but I would have had to end my run'. So finishing a run is more important than not crapping in public???

He asked me to post because he thinks he will be validated. I know he wont. There is no way this is normal or ok. Judge him hard.

DH runs. He's never mentioned having to squat and shit during his runs.

<makes mental note to ask him when he comes home from work>

"hello darling, nice day at work? by the way, do you have to shit in the street when you go out on runs?"

I can just imagine his face. grin

Fenton Thu 18-Apr-13 08:14:01

Revolting.

If a grown man can't organise his run around his bowel movements then he just has to cut short his run.

Yuk.

HotelTangoFoxtrotUniform Thu 18-Apr-13 08:14:59

Paula Radcliffe didn't wee. Had she weed she would have just done it as she ran and not squatted in the gutter.

Runners sometimes get runners trots, but it's not that hard to find a loo - especially if you're in an urban area. Plenty of my running friends run loops close to their house if they haven't pooed before a run as they know that running works things through.

Bertrude Thu 18-Apr-13 08:17:04

In woods / rural areas I can kinda understand it.

In a bush just off a main road, not so much with the understanding.

And yes, I am joining the army on MNers who will be using the potential to shit themselves during a run as a reason for not doing it.

Silverlace Thu 18-Apr-13 08:18:44

As someone who owns bushes that people regularly poo in I think it is totally disgusting, vile, revolting etc etc.

I do not want to walk down my drive and see someone's pooey tissue blowing around as often happens.

Yuck, yuck, yuck.

I can see both sides of your argument. I run, and 'runners trots' is something that happens to me. I can go to the toilet several times before running and then when I'm a couple of miles from home suddenly get the most painful stomach cramps and have to hobble home in agony. If I did a poo I'd be able to carry on without pain. But I've always been too embarrassed to go in a bush in case someone saw me.

On one occasion I was suddenly desperate to go and tried to make it to the nearest toilet, which was closed. Then I considered knocking on someone's for and asking to use their toilet, but thought they'd think I was a weirdo. And then eventually I couldn't hold it in any longer and I had to limp home with a big poo in my pants.

It was one of the worst experiences of my life! And in hindsight I should have probably named changed before telling you all that blush

cardamomginger Thu 18-Apr-13 08:24:41

YANBU. And I am a runner. What he (and anyone else who feels the urge to do this) needs to do is to make sure that they are near a toilet at that part of the run when this tends to happen. Even if that means that he does a loop and ends up back at home. Then he can do his poo before heading off for the rest of his run. Just takes a bit of sensible route planning!

Although I wouldn't do it myself I don't think shitting in a bush is any worse that the people who don't pick up their dog mess. That's often in the middle of the pavement.

ObiWankenYoni Thu 18-Apr-13 08:26:25

My ex used to do this

Dirty fucking bastard

Doyouthinktheysaurus Thu 18-Apr-13 08:35:32

I run and I understand, it's a running thing. Runners trots, it's a common problem. Not pooing in bushes, I don't advocate that although I have had to do it once but digestive urgency is common among runners.

It is nothing to do with pushing yourself, sometimes there is no rhyme or reason, running long distance does odd things to your digestion.

I eat the same stuff before every run but a couple of times I have had urgency. I have had to take detours to find loo's, but it is harder to find one now as many round here have been shut.

I had to take copious doses of Imodium before I ran my marathon, I didn't go for a week after thatgrin

Fairylea Thu 18-Apr-13 08:50:12

I hope there's lots of bushes on the marathon route !

eccentrica Thu 18-Apr-13 08:51:09

Hmm, It's almost as if humans aren't designed for running long distances for no reason...

Thank God for zumba ;)

Oh and Paula R definitely pooed. So did Gary lineker on the pitch once, but I'm on my phone so can't send link.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Thu 18-Apr-13 08:53:11

It's minging yes. But the choice is that, or shitting yourself.

Sometimes it just happens, nowt to do with pushing yourself too hard.

Samu2 Thu 18-Apr-13 08:53:23

Perhaps running is my cure for constipation hmm

Fairylea Thu 18-Apr-13 08:53:51

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_PLu9KWNK8&feature=youtube_gdata_player Ewwwww

Fairylea Thu 18-Apr-13 08:54:04
Step Thu 18-Apr-13 09:02:34

Go hang out with triathletes...

Peeing on the bike, pooing in bushes, pooing in their shorts... all regular dinner conversation.
n
Got to be better tha this:
http://www.linkognito.com/images/05-28-08/shit.gif

HousewifeFromHeaven Thu 18-Apr-13 09:06:57

Gosh I've been calling Paula Radcliffe poola radcliffe for ages!

Sorry poola Paula grin

fuzzypicklehead Thu 18-Apr-13 09:09:24

It ain't pretty, but it is a common hazard of long distance running. A couple of tissues and a bag should be a standard part of the kit.

Maybe buy him a bum bag filled with a mini tissue pack and a carrier bag for his next trip out?

LifeIsBetterInFlipFlops Thu 18-Apr-13 09:17:13

'bum bag' <snigger>

MoreBeta Thu 18-Apr-13 09:24:51

RescueCack - but why did your DH even tell you?

There are certain things in life that a man and his wife really don't need to share.

CocktailQueen Thu 18-Apr-13 09:28:33

Yuk. Absolutely revolting.

500internalerror Thu 18-Apr-13 09:29:40

I totally understand this, as an ex runner. However, I do not understand why he couldn't be prepared & just tuck a poo bag into his waistband just in case. Even in a bush it's grim - that's exactly the kind of place kids love exploring. If he's such an ardent runner, he should foresee the possible need for a poo bag!

Sokmonsta Thu 18-Apr-13 09:31:43

I guess as long as he clears up after himself it's no different to a dog doing their business.

But to know it could happen, not go prepared and then to leave it, is not on. I hope he at least buried it.

LadyBeagleEyes Thu 18-Apr-13 09:32:58

Yuck.
Surely that proves that running can't be that good for you if you can't control your bowel movements.
And what about all those long distance runners like in the Olympics?
Are they all pooing their pants?
I think adult nappies are the way forward here.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now