to think you can't just crap in the street!!

(309 Posts)
RescueCack Thu 18-Apr-13 07:25:04

DH has just come back from a run and sheepishly told me that he took a dump in a bush. Again. This is not the first time. It doesn't happen regularly, but it has happened. How can he think this is ok??

He says he has no choice. I asked him, if he was surrounded by people watching him he would have held it, and he said 'yes, but I would have had to end my run'. So finishing a run is more important than not crapping in public???

He asked me to post because he thinks he will be validated. I know he wont. There is no way this is normal or ok. Judge him hard.

Montybojangles Thu 18-Apr-13 07:34:20

What would he think if he saw someone let their dog crap out on the street/park and then just leave it there without bagging and binning it?

Does he think it's alright as he did it in a bush? Kids play all over the place, they don't want to be having to avoid crap.

he's a filthy git, and he knows it really, or he wouldn't have been admitting what he did sheepishly would he.

CSIJanner Thu 18-Apr-13 07:34:42

Sorry! His run wasn't rural? Yuck! Then there was no excuse not t run to the nearest loo.

I remember reading that CSI, Especially the 'it left a stain' bit. confused

Wow that is grim. I have IBS but even if sweating, shaking and ready to pass out, I have always managed to drag myself to a toilet. As soon as you know it is getting desperate you drop everything to search out a toilet.

FoulOleRon Thu 18-Apr-13 07:35:52

It's revolting and unsanitary. I pick up my dogs poo, why doesn't he pick up his?

It happens quite a bit round our way - I now know the difference between human and dog poo as my dog will eat human poo (vile vile stinky habit) but not dog poo.

There is no excuse.

Yonihadtoask Thu 18-Apr-13 07:37:07

Hmmm... If he was just squatting on the pavement outside someone's house then YANBU.

However, if he was away from the roads and it was in a secluded spot - and no one was going to step in it then YABU.

I run - and all that jiggling around does get things moving in the bowel area. However, I tend to cut short my runs if I feel I can't hold it in much longer. I am not so dedicated grin

RescueCack Thu 18-Apr-13 07:40:04

The thing is, I do know other runners who have done the same. Why can't they just not push them selves to that point? Obviously you've gone beyond your capacity as an athlete if you get uncontrollable diarrhoea so why did you do it to yourself??

FoulOleRon I think if he had pre-empted it he would have made sure he could clean it up. But obviously it wasn't part of his plan. He did go before leaving the house as well.

I guess I can't get my head around working out so hard this happens. Very odd.

Urgh.

ihearsounds Thu 18-Apr-13 07:43:47

Search runners diarrhea, you will find that at times even the pro's just have to go.

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 18-Apr-13 07:44:33

Paula Radcliffe has done this in front of spectators and cameras.

If it was truly in a place where nobody will see it, smell it, or step in it, I don't see the problem.

RescueCack Thu 18-Apr-13 07:45:15

I thought Paula had weed. Now I'm a bit hmm about her as well.

Yonihadtoask Thu 18-Apr-13 07:48:21

I am going for a run later this morning.

Just to let you all know, that I got up especially early - breakfasted etc and have now no need to squat in the street grin ...

RescueCack Thu 18-Apr-13 07:49:10

THank you Yoni we all appreciate your considerate toiletting habits

ChasedByBees Thu 18-Apr-13 07:50:57

That is vile

MarjoryStewartBaxter Thu 18-Apr-13 07:51:49

Paula Radcliffe did a wee in front of the cameras, don't think it was a poo.

I recall someone posting a video of a distance runner rummaging around in his own pants then flinging a poo out onto the side of the road, all without breaking stride. On the bright side at least your DH didn't do this...

That said it is frigging foul however, YANBU.

tulippa Thu 18-Apr-13 07:52:02

One of the hazards of running I'm afraid.

Disclaimer: I have never pooed in the street - on the odd occasion when 'runners trots' have struck me I've always managed to make it home after a very uncomfortable run instead.

Has he tried immodium? A lot of runners use this.

TumbleWeeds Thu 18-Apr-13 08:00:08

I can see how this can happen.

I think it depends what he means by 'needing to go'. Diarrhoea and cramps plus a feeling of urgency, you can't quite control.
Needing to 1/4 of the run in and refusing to turn back is a different issue iyswim.

I don't think you can compare of it to long distance runners in a competition. These people would do anything to win but their situation is hardly comparable to a the Op's DH run.

ShanksYoni Thu 18-Apr-13 08:00:50

Well, I've just added another reason to my list of why I don't want to take up running.

cheeseandpineapple Thu 18-Apr-13 08:01:09

Good grief, had no idea this could be a running side effect. Bad enough to do it but to tell you, he must realise that despite your best efforts you can't help but visualise.

In fact, I can't help it now and to use a soggy sweaty head band... trying not to vomit in my mouth...

imour Thu 18-Apr-13 08:01:15

if he had the squirts and couldnt hold fair enough , but for him to say he could of held on and do it anyway is just gross and what did he wipe with ? , hopefully he will get arrested for lurking in bushes next time smile

AlistairSim Thu 18-Apr-13 08:04:34

As if I needed another reason not to take up running.

"I can't possibly go running, I may shit myself, sorry"

cheeseandpineapple Thu 18-Apr-13 08:05:52

Agree with Tumble. Difference between taking a dump and diarrhoea. I travelled with a friend who had dysentery and had to run into some bushes while we were in some remote place much to the amusement of some local village boys who spectated. She had absolutely no choice.

Fairylea Thu 18-Apr-13 08:07:04

Absolutely vile. No it's not normal.

And more to the point is he not absolutely embarrassed to be sharing this with you ? Surely shitting in a bush is the kind of thing you'd keep private (or share with mumsnet) if you had absolutely no choice but to go !

Bibs123 Thu 18-Apr-13 08:08:15

He could get himself arrested if someone caught sight of him loitering ina bush and grunting!

Osmiornica Thu 18-Apr-13 08:09:24

Disgusting.

So next time I'm on a walk with my children and they're running around off the paths and they step in poo, it could well be your husband's. That is just disgusting and selfish.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now