to hate Gideon even more after seeing him crying at Thatchers funeral?

(384 Posts)
ssd Wed 17-Apr-13 22:34:53

detest that man, he cries at a funeral like this then goes back to ruining lives

utterly hate him

picnicbasketcase Wed 17-Apr-13 23:56:20

<applauds twofingers>

Flosshilde Wed 17-Apr-13 23:57:12

Absolutely twofingers

BMW6 Thu 18-Apr-13 00:03:10

Well I was moved - and I never voted for Mrs T.
I think that the sneering on here is distasteful. I do wish some posters would just grow up a bit.

twofingerstoGideon Thu 18-Apr-13 00:14:42

I think all the fawning sycophancy is distasteful. I do wish some posters would just grow up a bit.

Startail Thu 18-Apr-13 00:22:32

Who knows what makes someone cry at a funeral, the tears may not even have been for mrs T, but for some other memory.

seeker Thu 18-Apr-13 00:29:29

I was one of the booers at the Paralympics- proudest moment since confronting Keith Joseph........

YouTheCat Thu 18-Apr-13 00:37:17

I am in awe, seeker. grin

BMW, were you even old enough to vote when Thatcher was in power?

I grew up already... under Thatcher. Please don't tell me who I should respect. I know my own mind well enough.

jaywall Thu 18-Apr-13 00:38:06

Yeah i wish we could have Gordon Brown back, he made everything just SUPER.

Darkesteyes Thu 18-Apr-13 00:39:43

jaywall is also on the bedroom tax thread displaying disabilism. Hey at least its consistent.

PeneloPeePitstop Thu 18-Apr-13 00:42:04

You can buy that tear on eBay... For £10 million.

seeker Thu 18-Apr-13 00:42:32

Oh, youthecat, I have SOOOO many anecdotes. Sit me me by the fire, buy me gin and I will tell you such stories.........

YouTheCat Thu 18-Apr-13 00:45:12

I have no gin sad

Darkesteyes Thu 18-Apr-13 00:46:38

I have an unopened bottle of Sauvignon Blanc left over from New Year.

funnys similar story to mine LOL. My Dad (he is almost 81) really poorly at the moment - a Shop steward, Union leader, hard working, labour Man....and a lifelong Manchester City fan!! On Monday this week he said 'What a week love....Thatchers dead and City are through to the FA cup final, against Wigan - another local football club!!!!

Never ask me to shed a tear for this bunch of malakers (favourite Greek swear word) that pretend to be the Government.....and I refuse to explain again to any bugger how Thatcher destroyed my part of the UK....Lancashire.

twofingerstoGideon Thu 18-Apr-13 00:55:35

'Malakers' was the first Greek word I ever learned <nostalgic>

Fargo86 Thu 18-Apr-13 01:02:46

I got a bit teary watching the funeral too. sad

ravenAK Thu 18-Apr-13 01:07:19

I just thought: 'Knob.'

This is my invariable response to Gideon, though. Had he suddenly stripped naked & hurled himself into the crowd, he'd still be an over-promoted, pointless, incompetent, nasty piece of work.

So no, the fake tear didn't change my opinion.

Sheshelob Thu 18-Apr-13 01:11:52

I think he was fwightened because he'd just realised there was a dead body in the room. And then his face got all wet.

He reminds of some potato-faced 8 year old in a perpetual state of confusion. Perhaps it is all those hard sums he's doing to strip yet more from the poorest and all that protecting of the richest.

Hateful scrotum.

ssd Thu 18-Apr-13 08:08:56

he was probably hoping some old tory like norman tebbit would give him a lollipop on the way out

streakybacon Thu 18-Apr-13 08:13:51

Ds reckoned Gideon was carrying out routine system maintenance during a downtime window and it was oil being flushed out. Made perfect sense to me.

Sheshelob Thu 18-Apr-13 09:02:54

Streaky! Hahaha. Your son is jokes.

Pagwatch Thu 18-Apr-13 09:12:05

I rarely cry but often cry at funerals. It is quite often not about the person being buried but about a previous loss.
I don't know about why he was crying, I didn't see the funeral - I didn't want to - but I am uncomfortable about taunting over private grief tbh.

MarmaladeTwatkins Thu 18-Apr-13 09:22:53

YANBU. My first thought when I saw him shed a tear was "I didn't know that ventriloquist's dolls could cry"

It was a weird juxtaposition, seeing a symbol of sympathy and humanity (a tear) streaming down one of the most unsympathetic and most unhumane faces in Great Britain.

Was also annoyed by SamCam smirking her way through the service. The camera panned to her when someone was doing a solemn reading and she was sitting there with this weird, fixed half-grin on her face.

Never seen so many tossers assembled in one place in my life.

GrowSomeCress Thu 18-Apr-13 09:26:56

Pathetic thread

YouTheCat Thu 18-Apr-13 09:28:29

One of my friends had seen the seating arrangement and said that they'd put June Whitfield between PW Botha and Gorbachev.

I hope they didn't - poor June. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now