Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to hate Gideon even more after seeing him crying at Thatchers funeral?

(384 Posts)
ssd Wed 17-Apr-13 22:34:53

detest that man, he cries at a funeral like this then goes back to ruining lives

utterly hate him

ComposHat Belgium Fri 19-Apr-13 18:15:34

Yes Clegg was very quiet wasn't he? I wonder why that was?

LaVolcan Fri 19-Apr-13 18:15:57

but I've heard people talking about him riding the wave of enthusiasm as people enjoy reliving the glory days of Thatcher.

But apparently a poll showed that Cameron didn't gain any benefit from this.

The local elections will be interesting, but are not really a guide to what would happen in a General Election.

YouTheCat Fri 19-Apr-13 18:31:30

Limited, is he like Tim-nice-but-dim? grin

ChairmanWow Fri 19-Apr-13 19:36:10

Bloody hell, I bunk off for 24 hours and when I come back there's been a cracking scrap, a near-revolution, Spitting Image revival and I've gained 2 wives. And this has turned into one of the best threads EVAH!

Lol at the idea that funding state education and health is a waste of money. Foundation hospitals are being declared bankrupt, free schools are an eye wateringly expensive white elephant and patients are being turned down for supposedly costly (but actually cheaper in the long run) surgery by private providers. And let's not even mention rail services and the billions of wasted taxpayers money. And PFI (ditto).

KKK is a Baggy Bagshawe wannabe. It can't be the real thing because it would have tweeted about it being bullied by horrible, heartless MN lefty attack dogs. Endlessly.

Oh and re the mental health thing - another mentalist here as well. As I said way back up thread, dark humour. Y'know, humour - some of us have it, some of us don't. Still laughing at 'raised by Tories in Kidderminster.

And finally before I actually pay the baby some attention, I'm in Manchester. Tatton is just up t'road. Anyone fancy marching with pitchforks and torches (the lit kind not the Maglite kind. That would just look weird)?

ChairmanWow Fri 19-Apr-13 19:38:07

And yes, I know PFI was a Labour policy. But a shit one embraced by the Tories coalition.

NicholasTeakozy Sat 20-Apr-13 07:54:55

Acksherly Chairman, PFI was introduced by the Tories under John Major.

LaVolcan Sat 20-Apr-13 08:40:40

Yes, Major got written out of the script, didn't he? Didn't fit with the 'whatever is wrong with this country, it's the fault of Labour' mantra.

limitedperiodonly Sat 20-Apr-13 08:54:03

youthecat not as nice, sadly.

edam Sat 20-Apr-13 11:02:14

limited, grin at "I just met him, all right. It happened on a number of occasions and there was nothing I could do to avoid it".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now