To absolutely hate soft play parties...so much that when I know I have to attend one..

(158 Posts)
NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 15-Apr-13 13:25:21

it ruins my entire day. I can't BEAR the places...we never visit them as a family because the noise and constant selling of crap annoys the hell out of me.

DD2 is 5 and has 2 this week. The parties are both for good friends of hers.

She's not comortable with me leaving her with a friend's mum yet so I have to stay. DH can't take her...they're both at 4.00pm.

I HATE THEM! Sitting for 2 hours in a loud, grubby place and being obliged to spend 8 quid on 2 coffees just to have something to do.

Am I alone? My hatred of them seems quite imbalanced almost.

MrsMacFarlane Fri 26-Apr-13 16:57:24

You really are one of the dullest posters I've ever encountered. I have to go now so don't think you've "won". I'm off to a birthday party, thankfully not at soft play...smile

Keep polishing your halo sweetheart and find something more pressing to be canting and specious about next time.

ItsOkayItsJustMyBreath Fri 26-Apr-13 16:59:36

Are my posts really invisible? I'm starting to worry now.

Figgygal Fri 26-Apr-13 16:59:57

Christ not getting into the racism debates ..... mainly because I haven't read as far enough to work out what this is all about.

But in terms of the soft play they really aren't that bad or maybe you have just been to really bad ones!!

ChocolateCakePlease Fri 26-Apr-13 17:11:49

No breath you are not invisiblegrin

If not being racist or insulting towards a section of society makes me dull then great! I will enjoy my dull life. wink

I've enjoyed many hours with my 2 DCs at local soft plays over the years - a couple of hours peace to settle down with a good book and a brew after picking them up from school, or on a slightly drizzly Saturday afternoon in November. Also been to and hosted some very happy BDay parties where everyone can catch up in a child-friendly space without the hassle and stress of hosting a party at home.
There is one soft play from hell though - where the cafe part is right up against a towering wall of soft play madness - children walled in like in some American ghetto prison. Indescribable noise. That one is a tad less relaxing grin

BTW Perhaps it's apparent that I hadn't read the "white trash" derailment before posting. Not nice to call any person "trash" now is it ?

GreenEggsAndNichts Fri 26-Apr-13 19:27:01

snort. I bet this discussion wasn't anticipated when they made this a Discussion of the Day. grin

I really have nothing to add to this, except that this thread is far more entertaining than any soft play hell I've been to. Thankfully ASD DS rarely gets random party invites (it always seems to be the group invites from nursery which are soft play) so the parties we do go to are smallish and at someone's house.

rosabel Fri 26-Apr-13 21:27:59

ha ha, as Proud black woman, I salute you Mrs MacFarlane!! You go girl, hmmmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now