To not like alcohol.

(32 Posts)
Kasterborous Fri 12-Apr-13 16:30:43

I don't like the taste of any alcohol, therefore I don't drink any. It's not for religious or health reasons I just dislike it all. I would rather have a brew. My family always despaired of me! They all like a big glass of wine. I always remember my Grandpa trying to get me to drink his beer, and not liking it at all.

Cocodale Fri 12-Apr-13 17:53:27

I don't either, have tried to enjoy a glass of wine but really don't like the taste.
Im so unused to alcohol now if I drink a toast at a celebration I immediately feel the effect of it.
It is a plus when trying to loose weight.

Kasterborous Fri 12-Apr-13 17:57:26

That's what I feel like sometimes wheredidiputit people do sometimes think I'm odd when I don't want to drink, like I'm not normal.

Kasterborous Fri 12-Apr-13 17:58:19

Oops wheredidiputit was meant to be highlighted not crossed out!

Startail Fri 12-Apr-13 18:04:53

YANBU neither my DDad or DSIL do.

I got a big grin off my dad when I slipped to the bar at a wedding for juice for DD2 and passed him a glass of Coke. He hates champagne. (It was not wasted, my 14y DD1 drank it blush, well little blush I've been drinking my DDad's wine at such things since I was that age too).

CoteDAzur Fri 12-Apr-13 18:04:54

YANBU but I do like the cannabis leaf on the brew people are offering you grin

MintyyAeroEgg Fri 12-Apr-13 18:06:36

Of course yanbu! Daft question.

specialsubject Fri 12-Apr-13 18:09:44

squeakytoy, I don't like fizzy drinks, the taste of wine or the taste of beer. Vodka has no taste and the kiddy sweet cocktails are ok - but I see no reason to bother, expensive and sugary. So I am always happy to be the driver. I don't mind others drinking, I don't associate with the boring types who can't hold it so that's not an issue.

I eat virtually anything so I'm not fussy - there's always water.

It is a bit hard work sometimes as people discreetly ask 'do you have a problem?' I am too old now to be asked if I am pregnant!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now