to hate where i live

(48 Posts)
likesnowflakesinanocean Fri 12-Apr-13 16:14:37

just had to pull the kids in from the park as went past to shop and theres 6 or 7 kids screamung across the park swearing every second word threatening to kick the head in of another child. calling each other every name. politely suggest they dont swear at my kids, get told your not my fucking mum ill swear when i wantangry everyone round here knows everybodys buisness and gossips about it constantly. we dont fit in, at all and its so lonely and depressing. we have been falsely reported for all sorts and its getting so wearing, want to pack my bags, give my keys in and head to somewhere new but cant afford too. sad

emark Fri 12-Apr-13 21:14:30

i am in the east of east cheshire close to Manchester airport

likesnowflakesinanocean Fri 12-Apr-13 20:17:17

west cheshire, happy to befriend normal folk smile who wont call me a c* in anything other than a friendly manner :p pm me if you like smile

likesnowflakesinanocean Fri 12-Apr-13 20:16:35

ah you should be like me neighbours they make up their complaints and still dont give a jeff that we clearly know it was them :/ my mum would of kicked ass for me!

emark Fri 12-Apr-13 20:14:35

which side of cheshire are you , east or west if you dont mind me asking??
I live in cheshire, thankfully have the opposite problem, middle class but dont fit in well as live in the 'golden triangle'.
I have a preschooler and 3 primary age children. also looking to widen social circle with normal friendly people. PM me if you like.

holeinmytights Fri 12-Apr-13 20:07:39

We have had to buy ear plugs to sleep as vile harridan next dope screeches at her Kids from seven am Till midnight. Generally telling Them to fuck off. Oldest about 8. We cant complain as she will know it was us.

holeinmytights Fri 12-Apr-13 20:04:35

Poor you snowflakes. You sound lovely and i hope you get out of there soon x

likesnowflakesinanocean Fri 12-Apr-13 19:49:51

i am nice, i generally get on with the neighbours but then i know they go behind my back reporting us, gossiping between each other from the problems we have had its obvious that its neighbours. it makes me sad i would do anything for anyone i really would. my mum lived in Council housing with her husband, he still lives there. I havent been back since we planned the funeral. i do see him but its too hard to go there.

marjproops Fri 12-Apr-13 19:28:36

Op sorry for your loss. couldnt you have moved into your mums place?

and as much judgy pants and critical as I am i actually feel so sad and sorry for these people, they dont know any better and are probably from poorly educated , poor ignorant upbringings and really dont 'get it'.

thats why i try and be nice but firm too and they just dont understand. makes me want to cry sometimes, its like trying to teach a toddler to walk. they just dont know any better. (most of them)

Grinkly Fri 12-Apr-13 19:21:12

Have a DC in police. They hate these waste-of-space but have to pissfart around following all the pc rules.
Try contacting them. You might get someone like my DC (but also might get someone who doesn't want to know).

likesnowflakesinanocean Fri 12-Apr-13 19:08:15

thanks that's really kind

Wannabestepfordwife Fri 12-Apr-13 18:55:05

If your ever feeling down feel free to pm me.

When I was 6 months pregnant dp and I moved 200 miles from our family and friends for his work so I really do understand feeling isolated

likesnowflakesinanocean Fri 12-Apr-13 18:50:47

tis possiblesmile the kids keep me busy and I know she wouldnt have me wallowing, she never did enjoy the wallowing I just miss her so much.

Wannabestepfordwife Fri 12-Apr-13 18:48:27

Your doing amazing I'm not half as strong as you.

I wonder if you and starsandunicorns are near each other

likesnowflakesinanocean Fri 12-Apr-13 18:41:10

I mostly do okay, just think I notice how little I like this place now cause I was always at mums

Wannabestepfordwife Fri 12-Apr-13 18:39:51

Oh god op you really are having a rough time of it.

Apart from the isolation and grief are you feeling ok in yourself if that's possible

likesnowflakesinanocean Fri 12-Apr-13 18:37:30

I grew up on a council estate, it was very different to this though. I am struggling lately lost my mum before Christmas and everything seems to be turning to shit , sorry for the glumness

Feel for you op i have lived in a few places like that i live in cheshire most ppl back away when i say i live now ( rough area with a repauation ) but i live it just wish next door neigbour wouldnt bladt his twaty music on you can hear the speakers straining

sunshine401 Fri 12-Apr-13 18:20:30

I must say that you are very unfortunate however there are some lovely council estates out there, you always do get the odd family that is the exception, so please keep on the home swapping site you never know.
Saying that though private estates can be either way to, so it is just luck of the draw really.
In the mean time why not join a local group or something to meet others, I bet there are some decent people round you that you haven't been able to met yet smile

Naebother Fri 12-Apr-13 18:16:20

I feel for you op.
i think that unless your council dump all bad tenants in one street you probably won't be the only one feeling like this. There will be others so see if you can find them. It's shit having nasty neighbours.
Make a plan for the future. Moan away on here.

marjproops Fri 12-Apr-13 18:11:09

OP i can see your dps point but hes prob working and your with the wee ones (dont know why i always say that im not even scottish!) so he maybe doesnt realise you're there more than he is?

its awful it really is, i feel for you all, soooooo been there/done that/still there.

likesnowflakesinanocean Fri 12-Apr-13 18:08:08

dp is pissing me off no end he couldn't care less that we have no friends or the kids end up having to stay in. from his point of view he wouldn't want to be friends with most of them. hes probably right but am so lonely sad

Wannabestepfordwife Fri 12-Apr-13 18:06:23

I have tbh im in an ex council house now but I will never forget being in a shit area and not being able to dp anything so I understand where everyone's coming from

Wannabestepfordwife Fri 12-Apr-13 18:05:08

That's awful marj they should have a points system like people with disabilities and dv victims are first to be housed and good tenants should always get priority over bad ones

marjproops Fri 12-Apr-13 17:59:37

mn street...that sounds good. like sesame street! or quality street!

why are we stuck in these ruts though? have any of you been down the housing swap/social services etc route? i have to all the time, we get disability discrimination a LOT (have posted about that before) yet we never get the help.

not just that, its 'normal' people too. for flips sake this isnt victorian slum and mansions era any more, so why do we seem to be DEvolving?

Wannabestepfordwife Fri 12-Apr-13 17:58:52

You could also put a message up in mn meet up and see if there are any lovely mnetters close to you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now