To hate the Weightwatchers ad with Patsy Kensit?

(36 Posts)
Mrsrobertduvall Fri 12-Apr-13 14:34:19

The one where she breezes into the cafe to meet equally annoying woman and they whitter on about how fantastic they feel,
"i haven't felt this good since I was 30"

Oh I hate it.

thebody Fri 12-Apr-13 17:44:31

Ffs just read sqoosh re the tennis lady happily pissing herself.

twitchycurtains Fri 12-Apr-13 17:56:49

Oooh I just came on AIBU to start my own thread on that annoying advert. Firstly in what universe is Patsy Kensit ever considered to be big or overweight, the other woman (newsreader type) also wasn't huge or overweight in the usual sense at the beginning. I would assume that WW's bread and butter (arf) is your average person with a couple or more stone to lose, why would you choose two seemingly slimmish women to advertise your brilliant weightloss plan. It's akin to certain bra companies using models with surgically enhanced breasts to advertise the great uplift and support of their bra's yes you ultimo.

The advert is a joke and v annoying especially when they talk about being able to eat with their children. I think WW think that not only do their potential customers have weight to lose but also are quite dim too.

Kerry Katona advertising that lady loans company can fuck right off too, they APR is like a gazillion percent.

MandragoraWurzelstock Fri 12-Apr-13 18:11:00

Willyou, no, that's just what you think grin

It's probably fine till someone informs you that you smell like diluted wee.

<disclaimer: I do it too>

MrsBertMacklin Fri 12-Apr-13 18:13:03

It's in the same vein as the toe curling Sky advert with Ruth Jones and Robert Lindsay. I suppose at least Patsy hasn't sold her soul to the devil in return for a wad of cash.

Grinkly Fri 12-Apr-13 18:17:31

MsRobertDuvall, someone advised me not to exercise because of middle flab but to think 'lift' and use the midriff muscles to hold yourself a bit taller and straighter, also when you are sitting.

Well, you do also have to watch what you eat but this 'lifting' yourself is much easier than going to the gym and imo works ( a bit).

crashdoll Fri 12-Apr-13 18:50:30

YABabitU. It's the one WW advert that doesn't make me want to hurl the remote at the TV.

soverylucky Fri 12-Apr-13 18:54:54

I kid you not teacup I am glad you share my rage (or at least I hope you are and not taking the proverbial...)

Anyway saw it for the first time last night - pressed rewind and called dh in to show him as he wanted to know what I was shouting about. I mean - us women couldn't possibly want chips could we. WELL I WANT THE CHIPS and may God strike me down Co-op, but I am going to eat the chips. Stuff your limp lettuce and bits of cucumber where the sun don't shine!

TeacupTempest Fri 12-Apr-13 19:50:00

I do share your rage! Cross on many levels but can't rant properly as bfeeding DD!

Misogynistic advertising. How is that a good angle?

I now what chips (from another shop)!

Mrsrobertduvall Fri 12-Apr-13 19:52:18

Oh I lift grin
i do pilates and constantly think pillars.

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 12-Apr-13 19:59:33

I've not seen the new Tena lady one.
I'm still involved with Tena lady in the lift followed by Tena lady going on a date with bloke from the lift.
On both occasions she's fallen over and shown her knickers but does it in such cutesy way, that said bloke can't resist the pee smell..

BoredBeingSamWestsMistress Fri 12-Apr-13 21:01:14

I just hate Patsy Kensit. YANBU.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now