To complain to this companies HQ or leave it.

(28 Posts)
whokilleddannylatimer Fri 12-Apr-13 11:38:52

In a food place this morning waiting to be served. Group of men in their 30 and 40s came in from a company, young lad serving is on his first day an hour in and 18 at most, being trained. Its not busy so only two on tills.

while some of men are still ordering so only five minutes or so after first man ordered one of workmen in his forties, big burly bloke starts to become abusive, shouting at the lad to hurry up (he is waiting on food to be cooked) saying they only have half an hour. (fair enough).
But he then continues this getting worse/swearing and taking piss out of lad even though he has not even ordered any food.

The manager says don't serve him and give him his money back, man isn't even ordering so finds this hilarious and starts calling him a wanker and saying he's stealing money with prices and a rip off.

Manager who is only small/young asks him to leave and workman becomes more abusive and tells him he will be waiting for him at store closing that night to deal with him.

Because young lad has got so flustered he makes a mistake with one of orders, apologises and corrects and bloke screams at him. They all then get in company logo van.

Pantah630 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:43:52

I think I would, while they're working they're the face of the company in public, a bit like school uniform. No one needs to take abuse like that, especially on their first day, poor lad sad

maddening Fri 12-Apr-13 11:48:22

Yanbu I would too

SwishSwoshSwoosh Fri 12-Apr-13 11:50:04

Yes, I would, that is a horrible way to treat people.

Pootles2010 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:51:59

Yes, definitely report. Nasty piece of work, needs to learn he can't get away with such behaviour angry

MrsSpagBol Fri 12-Apr-13 11:54:51

Yes I would definitely and cc local branch of said company.

IceNoSlice Fri 12-Apr-13 11:58:29

Yes, I would.

Callisto Fri 12-Apr-13 12:01:24

Yep, report and I would have said something to the nasty workman there and then. Awful behaviour and no excuse at all.

AnythingNotEverything Fri 12-Apr-13 12:01:56

I would report them.

whokilleddannylatimer Fri 12-Apr-13 12:03:57

Thanks, the cafe is going to complain as manager told me he had the details but I wanted to back them up.

The lad was an hour into his first ever job and probably around 17, he did not retaliate (sp?) at all, he looked terrified, these were a group of grown men, fairly big built too.

I am angry for him, its bad enough up there as its next to a secondary and he will get grief off the kids but grown bloody adults!

yaimee Fri 12-Apr-13 12:04:46

Yes, contact hq.
My mum was called a silly old slag by some builders for getting in their way by mistake. She took the company name of the side of the van and contacted them. The manager was mortified and dealt with it really well.
Even without getting in to why on earth they would say something like that to a woman in her 60s, their abject stupidity for behaving like that when they can be so easily identified beggars belief.
Not to mention the impact it would have on their business, if my mum had contacted the site (a large supermarket) rather than the company itself, they company could have lost a really.lucrative contract.
Do it, they shouldn't be allowed to get away with it!

thermalsinapril Fri 12-Apr-13 12:22:43

YANBU

whokilleddannylatimer Fri 12-Apr-13 12:28:54

I have just rang, manager was not impressed!

Good on you! Fair dues for backing the cafe manager & the poor newbie.

yaimee Fri 12-Apr-13 12:33:12

well done op!

unebagpipe Fri 12-Apr-13 12:34:28

Yanbu- I'd name and shame them on here too. I wouldn't want to work with a company who employed people like that.

GobShizz Fri 12-Apr-13 12:34:53

Well done, I would have done that too.

Badvoc Fri 12-Apr-13 12:38:56

Name and shame!

saintmerryweather Fri 12-Apr-13 12:50:33

You really dont need to name and shame them ffs, as long as the company are aware and are dealing with it

yaimee Fri 12-Apr-13 12:52:28

agree with saint if the company are being cooperative then there is no need to name and shame.

whokilleddannylatimer Fri 12-Apr-13 12:52:50

The company are dealing with it, I didnt have the registration but apparently the vehicles have trackers so he will know who it is.

huddlelikepenguins Fri 12-Apr-13 12:53:50

Yeah report them, why not. I enjoy doing so with company vans who cut me up on the road (yes I do have too much time on my hands)...

Floggingmolly Fri 12-Apr-13 12:53:51

Well done for reporting it; what a gang of thugs hmm

montage Fri 12-Apr-13 12:54:42

Good that you did that. Poor lad. Hopefully his day got better after that or he will be mighty disillusioned.

quoteunquote Fri 12-Apr-13 13:00:19

what a bully,

well done you for helping.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now