WRT how I behaved in the light of the waste collection operatives' actions

(28 Posts)
EugenesAxe Fri 12-Apr-13 10:10:51

This morning the aforementioned managed to drop (what I presumed was) one of our nappies out of the bin bag onto the road. I was looking at it from inside the house wondering if it was a nappy, when they drove over it at speed and splurged the insides onto the road.

I retrieved the main bulk of it and then sloshed disinfectant over the rest... at which point I noticed that quite a big bit of poo (maybe the size of an orange segment) was still on the road surface. I didn't pick that up though.

I dropped a note to the waste department of the local council, as I thought it was a bit rank of them to potentially endanger public health in this way. Am I being a complete hypocrite though, given I didn't get my Marigolds on and retrieve the bit of poo?

pomdereplay Fri 12-Apr-13 11:45:48

Who the frig is Ian. The one time I don't preview message....

Scholes34 Fri 12-Apr-13 11:49:06

Better quality bin bags might help avoid this in the future. Thank heavens for our wheelie bins.

I'd be very worried if a refuse driver is claiming to you he's working seven day weeks regularly, and excessive overtime. This here links to DfT guidance on HGV hours and rest breaks - there are clear and very strict rules on driver rest days. If he's claiming this, he's either lying to you, or his employer is breaking the law.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now