Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

in not liking 3 year olds and four year olds saying piss

(26 Posts)
PopMusic Thu 11-Apr-13 23:36:25

In the school I work at the children in reception and nursery say "I need a piss" instead of wee/pee or needing the toilet. Not all of them but a fair amount of them.

It's wrong. Just wrong.

AIBU? Do your DC say it too?

WorraLorraYonis Thu 11-Apr-13 23:38:02

Never in my 21yrs as a parent have I ever heard a small child say that

YANBU

Tweasels Thu 11-Apr-13 23:38:59

Really?

mum2jakie Thu 11-Apr-13 23:40:09

How horrible!

BOF Thu 11-Apr-13 23:40:29

Never heard this either. Don't even say it as an adult.

PopMusic Thu 11-Apr-13 23:41:08

Seriously. First time I heard it, I was shock. I talked to my TA and she said yes and rolled her eyes and said yes, it's very common.

WorraLorraYonis Thu 11-Apr-13 23:41:50

And after her eye roll, she did what?

YANBU. I think it's vile. Dh & I both swear occasionally but not around Dd who is only 11 months. Can their parents really not teach the kids a nicer way of saying it?

PopMusic Thu 11-Apr-13 23:42:25

Common around here.

I don't know any adult who says this either.

SwishSwoshSwoosh Thu 11-Apr-13 23:42:29

Really? Really??

PopMusic Thu 11-Apr-13 23:44:18

50. It's obviously what their parents have taught them.

We have taught them to say "go to the toilet".

Ezza1 Thu 11-Apr-13 23:44:47

Mine have never said it.

I live in quite a dodgy area and the local nursery and children's centre, although excellent, does have some colourful characters.

One little 3 year old girl informed everyone at a music and play group that she had just pissed herself and its gone all over the floor.

PopMusic Thu 11-Apr-13 23:45:25

I know, I know, it's really hard to believe it, isn't it? But it's absolutely true.

WorraLorraYonis Thu 11-Apr-13 23:46:19

What did the TA do about it?

clattypatty Thu 11-Apr-13 23:46:24

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TroublesomeEx Thu 11-Apr-13 23:46:44

I've had Reception/year 1 children tell me to "fuck off" and kick me in the shins so I'm not surprised at all. sad

I've spoken to the parents about inappropriate language their children have used (e.g. piss and shit) and they just say things like "oh yeah, that's what we say at home". Completely oblivious.

MrsBazinga Thu 11-Apr-13 23:47:26

Some of the worst language we hear in my school is in Nursery and Reception, as the little ones have yet to learn what is generally considered socially acceptable and what isn't. They simply repeat language heard at home hmm. By Y1, with help from staff, they seem to get to grips with it. I often hear 'piss' and 'shit', which are nowhere near the worst.

Hippee Thu 11-Apr-13 23:51:51

I heard a girl of 6 in DS's school say "As they say in Mrs Brown's Boys" - I imagine her language is quite fruity.

pigletmania Thu 11-Apr-13 23:52:20

Dragged up rather than brought up springs to mind

PopMusic Thu 11-Apr-13 23:52:26

worra. TA has worked in this school for years and heard it many a time. We just ask them to say go the toilet instead. Apparently, by the time they get to the end of nursery and reception (depending whether they started in nursery or came straight to reception), they do say "May/Can go to the toilet please?"

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Thu 11-Apr-13 23:53:57

Good grief. sad

OutragedFromLeeds Thu 11-Apr-13 23:54:13

I've heard this in one school I worked in. The lovely reception teacher always responded to 'I need a piss' with 'I think you mean wee wee Jane/Fred/Tom'.

It's just a word, but it does sound horrible from a 4 year old.

FitzgeraldProtagonist Fri 12-Apr-13 00:50:22

Oh god. I just laughed. I am not mature enough to parent.

Disclaimer: DS says wee wee.

Dominodonkey Fri 12-Apr-13 00:54:31

YANBU - But wee wee...

so good they named it twice?

YoniNoDaeThat Fri 12-Apr-13 00:57:33

My DD said to me when she was approx 3.5 yrs - I need to piss. I was shocked and horrified. Turned out she meant the,sound pssss, thank God!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now