ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

To not want a poo in my kitchen bin?

(57 Posts)
iProcrastinate Thu 11-Apr-13 22:21:51

*DISCLAIMER: I am not the poo troll*

A friend came round today with her DD (3) to play with my DD (4) - my DD uses the loo now but her DD uses the potty. I was cooking in the kitchen and chatting when her DD comes in and asks for the potty - her mum gets the potty out and I tell her that the loo is just off the corridor from the kitchen (it's close) - her mum says that its ok, pops her daughter on the potty in the kitchen.

i think, ok, no biggie - we kept the potty in the lounge and I'd whisk DD into there (and eventually into the downstairs loo) as I just didn't feel that comfortable with her poo-ing in the kitchen when there is a very-close-by alternative option. It's no biggie, it's not like she sat her on the work-top etc.

I'm distracted by cooking, turn around, turn back and she has scooped up her daughters (thankfully solid) poo with a tissue and is popping it in my tall kitchen bin - I politely say that could she put it in the loo and she says "it doesn't matter it's just a little one" - for the sake of friendly communication I let it go, but did take my bin straight out when she left!

When DD was in nappies, I'd put wet ones (in bags) in the kitchen bin, but poo ones I just put straight out in the wheelie bin (I have quite a big bin and only usually empty it every few days so it would start to whiff) Potties would just get tipped into the loo.

AIBU to not want a free-range un-restrained poo in my kitchen bin? Or am I just a prude?

issypiggle Fri 12-Apr-13 13:38:00

omg, this is so wrong. the potty only ever came down stairs when we first started potty training and never went in the kitchen. now dd uses the toilet and the potty is in her room for nights as we have a gate on her door to stop her escaping while sleep walking.

ewww this is horrible. i don't take the potty to friends houses i make dd use the toilet.

ffscatmove Fri 12-Apr-13 13:38:35

Like Eugene I don't mind bagged dirty nappies in kitchen bin but we don't have an 'outside' bin as such & not a lot else goes in it (is also next to cat litter tray). Bathroom floor also tiny so change area in living room (sorry Babylon!)
However these things are not by choice & I wouldn't expect the same at friends houses - I change DS in bathroom or wherever directed to.

YASNBU, she is a well skanky. At least she washed her hands but why not just take her DD there to poo? Free range poo, <boak>

Ledkr Fri 12-Apr-13 13:42:13

Gross!
I just visited a friend with no kids and asked permission to change baby in the dining room where we sat and then took the dirty nappy home with me. Some people are such dicks

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 12-Apr-13 13:47:52

I can handle potty in the kitchen. If the child looks like she's going to have an accident anytime soon. It's better in the potty than in the pants. But the poo really should be emptied in the loo. It's not any harder than the kitchen bin is it?

While I agree with everyone on this thread I do have to disagree with:

" 1. Nobody (of any age) should ever poo in a kitchen."
Nappy using babies and small toddlers don't discriminate grin

I am fairly relaxed. Change your baby in any room of the house pretty much. Put your wrapped nappy sacks in the kitchen bin. But deliberately using a potty in the kitchen and then choosing to bin the poo rather than flush it is odd.

bamboozled Fri 12-Apr-13 14:04:01

And here was me thinking this was a thread about your builder....grin
That is TOTALLY disgusting.... Eeeeuuueww

issypiggle Fri 12-Apr-13 14:07:25

love the fact that it's come up on facebook

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now