To really not understand why people do not join the organ donation register?

(277 Posts)
3littlefrogs Thu 11-Apr-13 22:18:39

I have been registered since I passed my driving test nearly 40 years ago. If I am dead I won't need my organs. They could save someone else's child, wife, husband, sister, brother.

Binkybix Mon 15-Apr-13 08:39:03

Fayrazzled - I think there's a difference to asking questions, or expressing your own fears without stating things as FACT and then refusing to back them up, apart from claiming to have known people who have studied science.

Same as per Mini's post re sale of organs - there was an excellent post further up which set out the protocol for allocation of organs, which was either ignored or disregarded.

LondonJax Mon 15-Apr-13 20:58:55

I've been on the donor register for 30 odd years. I've told all my family that it's my wish that doctors take whatever they need. I think DH is scared I'd come back and haunt him (apparently I'm scary enough in the flesh wink.

It became more personal when our DS was born six years ago. He has a congenital heart condition. If he needed a transplant in the future I'd be banging on everyone's door to get it for him so how could I deny another person's loved one that?

As for the idea of cellular memory. Fantastic! The world would be a better place if there were more of me around in my opinion grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now