to be furious at dh for leaving DD (7) and DS (3) at home for 5 mins?

(177 Posts)
toomanyeasterbunnies Thu 11-Apr-13 18:52:58

DH popped out to end of road in car to get some bread. He made sure DD knew how to call him and he went out for no longer than five mins. I am furious. He thinks I am over-reacting. Am I?

I've said don't answer the phone to my two because I don't want anybody to know they are by themselves. The same reason I don't want them to open the door when they might be faced with strangers. It is a tiny risk but if you are taking a bigger risk by leaving a youngish child then anything you can do to minimise the potential problems is sensible. If it was important, the people will phone back. TBH it is more likely that it is somebody trying to reclaim your PPI payments so no need for a child to have to deal with that. As Olgaga says, it is one less thing for them to worry about.

olgaga Tue 16-Apr-13 13:15:46

BigBoobie yes there is that too, but tbh I was more concerned at the off-chance someone might ring to sell us double glazing or a new kitchen. We'd only just got our phone connected with a new number, having recently moved, and I know the TPS takes a little while to register.

At that time she had only ever spoken on the phone to family/friends (people she knew) and I know it would have confused/stressed her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now