to go to this wedding tomorrow? Brutal honesty please!

(36 Posts)
MrsOgg Wed 10-Apr-13 17:44:08

Wedding of very dear friends tomorrow 3pm, we've been looking forward to it for months.

I was sick at 7am today, had to call DH home from work to look after DS (10 months) because I felt so lousy: nauseous, achey. Haven't thrown up since TMI alert did a poo and all normal, no dire rear (sp?).

Slept all day, feel basically fine now. If all ok tonight and tomorrow morning WIBU to go? DH very worried I might infect b and g or elderly rellies. If I don't go then DH has to stay home to look after DS who is bf and don't think would settle in hotel without me.

Ould hate to infect people, so if consensus is stay home I illw

MushroomSoup Wed 10-Apr-13 17:45:51

If you're not sick again definitely go! I work in a school and we ask for 24 clear hours.

MushroomSoup Wed 10-Apr-13 17:47:16

And, because I work in a school, I will teach you the correct spelling of diarrhoea. You never know when it might come in handy!

TWinklyLittleStar Wed 10-Apr-13 17:48:28

Completely off topic but I actually love 'dire rear'. Sums it up perfectly!

squoosh Wed 10-Apr-13 17:49:26

'Dire Rear' is ace!

kinkyfuckery Wed 10-Apr-13 17:50:09

If you're fine from now, I'd go!

Dire rear!!! <snort>

KateBeckett Wed 10-Apr-13 17:50:40

Dash in a rush, rush harder or else accident - diarrhoea!

Also, as long as you don't pike again, and feel better in the morning, go an enjoy your friends wedding!

Doodledumdums Wed 10-Apr-13 17:51:07

As long as you aren't sick again then i'd say go. Let's face it, there are usually around 100 people at a wedding, the likelihood that one of them isn't contagious with something is very high anyway!

Have a good time smile

Maggie111 Wed 10-Apr-13 17:51:17

I'd go.

AliceWChild Wed 10-Apr-13 17:51:19

I think I'd go. What makes you think it could be anything contagious rather than something you ate?

KateBeckett Wed 10-Apr-13 17:51:21

*puke!!!

spottyock Wed 10-Apr-13 17:51:31

Dire rear is perfect!
I'm on the fence with this one. Our school is 48 hours but it would be such a shame if it wasn't a bug and you couldn't make it.
Just one bout of sickness and no diarrhoea would suggest to me that you're probably ok...

QueenCadbury Wed 10-Apr-13 17:52:22

48hours is needed rather than 24 but I would ask the bride and groom if they want you there. They may be happy to risk it or may prefer you to stay away. You probably won't pass anything on but if you did go and other people became unwell afterwards you'd feel awful. Also if you're not well enough to stay at home alone with ds then surely you're not well enough to go?

DireRear Wed 10-Apr-13 17:52:55

...Did somebody call?

RustyBear Wed 10-Apr-13 17:53:18

I found this mnemonic on MN and will never forget it...

Doesn't It Always Run Really Horribly Over Each Ankle

iago Wed 10-Apr-13 17:53:44

My friend once had a note for a pupil which went along the lines of 'X was off yesterday with diarhea dierear dire rear runny poos.' Can't do the crossing out thing.

itshothere Wed 10-Apr-13 17:54:29

If you don't puke again and feel ok then go....just don't snog anyone, just in case... Hope you feel better.

DeepRedBetty Wed 10-Apr-13 17:55:29

Go unless you're sick again or have the runs <refuses to even try to spell Dire Rear...>

badguider Wed 10-Apr-13 17:55:50

I wouldn't class a single vomit in an adult with no further vomit or gut problems as 'a d&v bug' so I wouldn't quarantine even myself for 24hrs, if I felt well again.

I'd go to the wedding.

DublinMammy Wed 10-Apr-13 17:58:51

I'd go. Just make sure you wash your hands really, really well and don't lick anyone.

MrsOgg Wed 10-Apr-13 17:59:48

Thanks, all!

BalloonSlayer Wed 10-Apr-13 17:59:52

If I don't go then DH has to stay home to look after DS who is bf and don't think would settle in hotel without me.

Don't get this bit at all! Why can't you and DS stay at home and DH go to the wedding?

Theicingontop Wed 10-Apr-13 18:00:30

Dire Rear grin

I'd go.

MrsKoala Wed 10-Apr-13 18:01:22

Ha! Dublin i was just about to say i would go and try not to lick anyone (but after a few ribenas all bets are off!).

Arf at "don't lick anyone" what kind of weddings do you go to DublinMammy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now