Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to be sulking with Game of Thrones (books) so not watch the programme? HUGE SPOILER ONLY FOR people who have read all the books

(225 Posts)
mamapants Wed 10-Apr-13 17:17:04

SPOILER DO NOT READ IF YOU Don't want to know what happens in last book so far

Am sulking cos they killed off JS! How could he? Don't know what he was thinking! So haven't watched series 2 or 3 yet. Just can't get excited anymore

OzmaofOz Wed 10-Apr-13 18:53:01

He won't die, look at Lady Stoneheart and Berric.

expatinscotland Wed 10-Apr-13 18:55:34

What I want to know is where whores go.

OzmaofOz Wed 10-Apr-13 18:57:35

Bravos Maybe. D you think she could be the Sailors wife ?

OzmaofOz Wed 10-Apr-13 18:58:04

I am forever seeing links that are probably not even there, so probably not.

riskit4abiskit Wed 10-Apr-13 19:04:46

Js
wont be dead, I wondered if his long lost uncle? Ranger who went missing over the wall would turn up and save him?

chocolateygoo Wed 10-Apr-13 19:04:52

As this is a spoilers thread can I sidetrack it and ask what happens to Ros the prostitute? Only been watching the tv series so far halfway through series 2, Joffrey made her do bad things to the other girl but not seen her since - does she reappear? I hate these loose ends, going to have to order the books in from the library!

Ha - I've just posted on another thread hoping that GRRM lives long enough to finish. grin

I haven't bothered watching the rest of series two becuase I found myself screeching "it doesn't happen like that" at the telly.

OzmaofOz Wed 10-Apr-13 19:26:24

Ross isn't in the books choc, there are a couple of people that she could be a mixture of or based loosely on, but nothing much happens to them as far as I can remember.

littletingoddess Wed 10-Apr-13 19:31:27

I also agree that the book is very ambiguous about whether or not JS has died. I also think he's a Targaryan.

expatinscotland Wed 10-Apr-13 19:38:10

Ros in the series is, from what I can tell, Chalalaya and her daughter Alalalya. in the books.

Stokes Wed 10-Apr-13 21:49:39

Ros is the Magical Whore of Exposition.

WorriedMummy73 Wed 10-Apr-13 21:56:22

Wtf have I missed? I've read those books THREE times and have completely missed the whole 'Jon's real parents' bit. Where is all this coming from? But then, I read stupidly fast and skim-read more than anything. I have been known to miss crucial parts and had to go back to find them...

Maybe Jon Sner needs a Maury DNA test - 'Lord Eddard, you are NOT the father!'. Cue Sean Bean dancing around the studio...

MadamFolly Wed 10-Apr-13 22:52:45

I think he is not dead.

I think he is the child of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen and that he will marry Dany and they will rule Westeros together.

ImAlpharius Wed 10-Apr-13 22:56:31

^
I really hope so. That is my dream.

MadamFolly Wed 10-Apr-13 22:57:05

Not sure where the Aegon storyline is headed. Am also confuzzled about what is going to happen with Catelyn now she is all zombiefied and stuff.

What the hell is Jaquen H'gar up to? Why is he pretending to be Pate? WHAT DOES HE WANT?

badtime Wed 10-Apr-13 23:17:01

He is a faceless man, and does what he is paid to do. What you mean is 'who hired him?'

Anyway, point of order: OP, you are sulking with 'A Song of Ice and Fire'. 'Game of Thrones' is only the first book.

Thank you.

mamapants Thu 11-Apr-13 08:14:29

I know but I thought using the name Game of Thrones would get more attention and my DSis has borrowed the books and couldn't remember the names of the individual books.

Am glad everyone is in agreement that John is alive though.

I can cope with the various killings of main characters but John Snow and Arya are non- negotiable in my eyes! Oh and Tyrion and Jamie Lannister.

thebitchdoctor Thu 11-Apr-13 09:11:16

I'm hoping Jaqen is Syrio Forel smile

MadamFolly Thu 11-Apr-13 10:17:32

I don't think so bitchdoctor. They are such different personalities, Syrio helped Arya to learn and grow whereas Jaqen was a ruthless serial killer who taught her nothing but death. I think it was also important to Syrio's character that he had a last heroic stand. I also don't think Merryn Trant was the type to spare someone who had been fighting him, more likely to have cut him down. Syrio was the first blade of Braavos, not a faceless man.

And I think GRRM has said its not true.

neriberi Thu 11-Apr-13 10:23:25

I don't actually think he's dead, I'm thinking that Melisandre will make sure he lives a la Mance Rayder style or that he will do a Catelyn Stark on us and come back to life to avenge those who killed him?

CheerfulYank Thu 11-Apr-13 10:56:20

He can't be dead; he is the song of fire (Rhaegar) and ice (Lyanna). And I don't want him to marry Dany because, eww. I know the Targaryens don't shy away from that sort of thing, but...

CheerfulYank Thu 11-Apr-13 10:57:15

I'm okay with Jaime biting it but not Tyrion.

LaQueen Thu 11-Apr-13 11:08:23

Noooo, Jaime can't bite the dust...he has to marry...of feck, whatshername, begins with B ...the strapping lass...you know her hmm

Stokes Thu 11-Apr-13 11:15:42

Brienne. But will she die? Can't say I think she will, but you never know.

It's funny, GRRM has this reputation for killing off main characters, but I can't think of a single point of view character since Ned who died (and stayed dead). I feel like there were a couple in the last few books that were brought in for a specific purpose and then killed, but they weren't really around long enough for us to get to know them very well (or in my case, care about them).

So no, I don't think Job is dead a) it's not really GRRM's style b) he is one of the heads of the dragon, the child of ice and fire as mentioned above and c) he's the only point of view character at the wall, so there's no way we're going to lose that perspective since GRRM has said there will be no new POVs.

Whathaveiforgottentoday Thu 11-Apr-13 11:32:51

Stokes I like your thinking. If there are no new Pov, then Jon has to live. I think he may well end up in ghost rather than in his body.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now