The dog just tried to eat the cat

(77 Posts)
lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 12:36:22

The cat was up out of reach but that dog has a telescopic neck, I swear it. He's like a canine inspector gadget.

lougle Fri 12-Apr-13 21:43:22

Thank you grin

She loved the cake and nobody noticed the grazed ear. The cat has been disemboweled now. Poor thing, it never stood a chance sad

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Thu 11-Apr-13 11:56:50

happy birthday to your dd, hope she likes the cake grin

Lueji Wed 10-Apr-13 19:37:18

Impressive!
If I was the dog I would have gone for it too.

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 19:37:13

Hahaahha the only thing you can do, Lucyellensmum <eyes suspiciously perfect cat's ear>

Lucyellensmum95 Wed 10-Apr-13 19:29:49

One day, I had just taken the sunday joint out of the oven, DP had to nip round to my mums for something and my friend phoned. All of a sudden in came the dog with the whole joint in his mouth shock. I did the unthinkable - run it under the tap quick and carved it before DP got back grin I told him afterwards, he wasn't best pleased!

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 19:23:14

Thanks grin

ThreadWorms Wed 10-Apr-13 19:21:49

I've been known to 'plug' gaps with butter icing. Can you tell baking is not my forte? Happy birthday to your DD, I hope she has a lovely day smile.

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 19:18:20

Icing covers a multitude of sins, worms wink

MiaowTheCat Wed 10-Apr-13 19:18:04

By the way - the aforementioned feline who thinks she's Rambo and has the dogs terrified... is at LEAST 14 years old and a leg short of a full pack - so should really fall under the infirm category and hasn't got the memo.

Both dogs will move when she orders them to, she has a sofa of her own and has them well and truly trained.

My GSD once ate a whole large tub of vaseline. It pooed it out all up the 'back passage' so to speak. I got the hose out and went to hose it away, but it didn't disperse - I just ended up making a rather impressive looking vaseline and poo swiss roll [belugh]. grin

ThreadWorms Wed 10-Apr-13 19:12:19

That's one fab cake lougle. You'd never know it nearly lost an ear grin.

SamuelWestsMistress Wed 10-Apr-13 19:02:17

My dogs have always known better than to try and piss off the cats. Hissy spitty sharp buggers that make them bleed!

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 18:15:01

Ok, well it's taken all day. But I unveil the nearly-eaten-by-the-dog cat:

The one that got away

Ezza1 Wed 10-Apr-13 15:18:04

My cat drank quite a bit of Baileys one Christmas Day before we noticed shock He was quite the groggy moggy for the rest of the day.

I think most cats can see off a single dog as long as they aren't very infirm or cornered. I remeber seeing our cat from a few decades ago deal with next doors setter. Dog was as soft as a brush and padded up to Jess (yes he was black and white) with goofy expression. Jess (tough born on a farm cat) swelled up hugely, let out a shriek and whacked Goofy across the nose before fleeing. Poor dog was distraught.
Likewise most dogs can see off a cake cat. grin

freddiefrog Wed 10-Apr-13 15:02:28

Mine ate a whole bag of satsumas that has just arrived in my Tesco delivery a little white ago. String bag, little stickers, peel and all

The results were pretty epic.

He also ate a bag of frozen peas on Sunday

He wouldn't dare attack the cat though, I think she's exersiced mind control over him

Ullena Wed 10-Apr-13 14:38:52

Lueji they have certainly eaten plenty of cake in their time thieving little furballs, so they may actually count as part cake now?
<tempts>

grin

FeijoaVodkaAndCheezels Wed 10-Apr-13 14:38:33

grin

SlumberingDormouse Wed 10-Apr-13 14:37:45

The very greedy Dalmatian we had when I was little once ate an entire turkey followed by an entire Christmas pudding. He was drunk and swaying for days! grin

Lueji Wed 10-Apr-13 14:33:57

If everything else fails, try to make it into this cake
grin

MartyrStewart Wed 10-Apr-13 14:29:03

I swear my GSD is part anteater. He has a very long flexible nose. And proper 'fingers' confused

ReluctantBeing Wed 10-Apr-13 14:28:10

This thread has the funniest use of drip-feeding!

D0G Wed 10-Apr-13 14:27:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lueji Wed 10-Apr-13 14:26:09

Ullena, only if they are cake cats. smile

PolterGooseLaidAChocolateEgg Wed 10-Apr-13 14:19:55

lougle have you been on the wine already? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now