Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

The dog just tried to eat the cat

(77 Posts)
lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 12:36:22

The cat was up out of reach but that dog has a telescopic neck, I swear it. He's like a canine inspector gadget.

Booyhoo Wed 10-Apr-13 13:08:20

confused

Softlysoftly Wed 10-Apr-13 13:08:32

I don't really get it?

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 13:09:28

Yes, it's fab. A cake tin shaped like a cat. I'll try and find it on the net...

Cat

SadGiantPanda Wed 10-Apr-13 13:09:35

You should definitely rehome the cat cake. Preferably in my direction.

digerd Wed 10-Apr-13 13:10:35

boojum

What a wonderful mother your cat was - fearless and ferocious like a tiger protecting her young. Good for her.

Ullena Wed 10-Apr-13 13:12:26

May I swop my cats for your cake please? grin

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 13:13:21

Some great stories here. My dog escaped the house a few weeks ago. He ran down the drive and saw a cat across the road on the pavement. He literally went screeching to a halt and they just stared at each other, a bit like those western films where the two men stare at each other before doing their 10 paces. The dog turned and came inside grin

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 13:14:20

Ullena - my DD is going to be 4 tomorrow. She would be delighted and dismayed in equal measure by your proposal grin

Latara Wed 10-Apr-13 13:15:05

My old cat ate part of a Hedgehog cake, the buttercream icing AND the sponge!

Latara Wed 10-Apr-13 13:15:46

This is better than a Maggie T thread, getting bored already by those.

TheEndTisHere Wed 10-Apr-13 13:16:10

Our old collie went next door and ate a whole gammon joint! when I was young we lived next to a beach he loved BBQs on the beach but we didn't BBQ on the beach.

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 13:16:42

My dog ate a rubber seahorse shock

oldwomaninashoe Wed 10-Apr-13 13:18:59

My sons dog ate the fish pie I had lovingly prepared for him and his wife, they had to have beans on toast!

MiaowTheCat Wed 10-Apr-13 13:19:01

You're worried about the telescopic neck... try owning a greyhound - the noses extend I'm sure of it.

Aforementioned greyhound has a fondness for (sorry) poo munching and decided the covered cat litter tray resembled an all you can eat buffet - and the fresher the better. Decided to stick pointy nose in the opening while angry kitty was in the middle of doing what angry kittys do in the litter tray - got a face full of claw and feline wrath for her trouble and tried to remove her head, which got stuck, so I had the greyhound running around the living room, covered litter tray on head, angry kitty inside covered litter tray hissing, paw swiping and being very very angry generally at being disturbed mid poo... utter chaos (but blooming hilarious in hindsight).

Greyhound now runs away in fear from the cat if the cat so much as looks at her - an ex racing greyhound being chased BY a small furry cat is amusing.

Ive seen a 10 week old kitten stand off against a full grown black lab/retriever type dog. I think the dog thought he'd found a tasty snack til he got clawed in the face.

I honestly think the kitten would have won that fight even if I hadn't dashed out and scooped him up!

Glad to hear the cat cake survived grin

Latara Wed 10-Apr-13 13:20:25

I'm a bit concerned (seriously now) about the Landlady next door who is moving back in.

She has 3 out-of-control Collies, my cat has scared one of them but i'm worried that the 3 dogs together could hurt my cat.

TheNebulousBoojum Wed 10-Apr-13 13:20:26

This thread is confirming my passion for cats is correct. Not dogs. smile

TheNinjaGooseIsOnAMission Wed 10-Apr-13 13:20:29

my current very daft cat drinks tea from my cup shock that's a very serious crime. My old cat used to climb up the pebbledashing on the outside of the house and you'd see him stuck there level with the upstairs windows grin

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 13:22:05

I'm going to use jam to glue the ear flap back on before covering the cake. I'm still taking the cake to the party <defiant glare> blush

cornygrigio Wed 10-Apr-13 13:24:11

We had a cat that ate spiders and daddy long legs. We should have hired her out.

lougle Wed 10-Apr-13 13:24:38

I've got 4 chicks in a brooder at the moment. It's too cold for them to go out yet. The dog is doing a good impression of an 'am I bovvered' face whenever I check their water. He isn't convincing me that they'd survive a meet, though hmm

Latara Wed 10-Apr-13 13:25:11

Maybe alter the cake so it's a one-eared cat cake...

Latara Wed 10-Apr-13 13:26:19

Right now my cat is waiting outside for Sparrows to fly into her mouth.

Ullena Wed 10-Apr-13 13:32:43

<wails>
Why will no one take these evil cats and replace them with cake ?

grin

Happy Birthday to Little Lougle!

mistlethrush Wed 10-Apr-13 13:35:10

My dog would like to sample my wine glass, but I keep too close an eye on it for her to have managed that yet. My lurcher has an extending neck, very long nose, and jump jet vertical capabilities...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now