to expect I would have heard *something*?

(14 Posts)
kinkyfuckery Thu 11-Apr-13 16:30:32

Popped in about 2.30 and he wasn't due back til 3. He just called about 4. Termination date for current tenant is 16th (Tuesday) and housing officer and maintenance guy will be going in straight away but don't think it needs a lot of work so will hopefully be in touch to arrange viewing by mid-late next week.
Am getting so excited grin

Well Kinky? You been round there yet?

ReluctantBeing Wed 10-Apr-13 22:19:31

I'd have been in there yesterday and today!

kinkyfuckery Wed 10-Apr-13 22:18:29

Thanks everyone.
Have had a lazy few days as my DC have had a short break at ex's, but tomorrow I am going to get off my arse and do some stuff - first thing popping next door and screaming that I want my new house asking if everything is still ok grin

saulaboutme Wed 10-Apr-13 22:17:05

Dh is in this line of employment and he says pop in. it's Easter hols as well and sometimes things can get into slow motion. Don't risk it passing you by.

Yep, they respond better to harrassment I find! go round there and ask why you haven't heard, I'd be chomping at the bit! Hope you get it.

SkinnybitchWannabe Wed 10-Apr-13 12:43:46

If you're a close it the offices as you are you should be going in there constantly.
Really make a nuisance of yourself until you get answers. good luck

kinkyfuckery Wed 10-Apr-13 12:34:56

Yes, you are right! I should probably think about getting off my arse at some point.

EuroShaggleton Wed 10-Apr-13 12:31:09

Unfortunately in life it's often those who shout loudest who get what they want.

The housing officer wasn't there on Monday. I think it's perfectly reasonable to pop in today to follow up.

kinkyfuckery Wed 10-Apr-13 12:29:53

I don't want to piss them off or seem like I am bothering them blush

Pascha Wed 10-Apr-13 12:26:29

Give them a ring or pop in if its next door. Better than sitting there in limbo knowing nothing.

EuroShaggleton Wed 10-Apr-13 12:26:14

It's next door - why not just pop in and see what is going on.

kinkyfuckery Wed 10-Apr-13 12:25:54

Forgot to say, we were asked to get in touch by Monday to arrange a viewing. As far as I can tell from staking out the joint innocently driving by a couple of times, the property looks like it has now been vacated.

kinkyfuckery Wed 10-Apr-13 12:25:01

We are waiting for a housing transfer due to medical needs.

Two weeks ago, I had a visit from a housing officer from the housing association we rent from, telling me about a house they had that would soon be available for us. It was still tenanted at the time and they didn't give me a date as to when it would be vacant, but arranged a housing inspection on our current property - which all went well.

Friday, I came home from a day out to a letter from them, formally offering us the property and saying we had until 8th April (Monday) to get in contact or the offer would be withdrawn. First thing Monday morning I popped into the HA office (we live next door!) to find that the housing officer was off that day. I expressed my concern that we had been told we had to get in touch by that day (ridiculous that it had to be done so quickly, but that's a whole other moan!) and the guy on the desk said not to worry, the fact that I'd been in was enough and took my name, property details and phone number and said he would get housing officer to phone me the next day when he was in.

It's now Wednesday and I've heard nothing confused. I guess maybe he was/is off ill, rather than his day off which I'd assumed? I just assumed I would have heard from him by now. Should I give them a phone/pop in, just to check the message was passed on, or would that be likely to piss them off?

So as not to drip feed - about six weeks ago, we were offered tenancy a property with the local council and due to an admin fuck up, it was given to another family. This caused a lot of upset with my eldest DC who struggles with change anyway and had been prepared as best as possible to move home, only to then be told she wasn't. I am terrified the same could happen again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now