Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

To be shocked at Game of Thrones - it's very rude!

(233 Posts)
bettycocker Wed 10-Apr-13 11:25:47

I just got a copy of series 1 of Game of Thrones from a mate.

It's very rude. It's like Lord of the Rings, only with tits and incest. I had heard about it and thought DS 14 would enjoy something like that. After watching it myself, I think he would enjoy it a little too much.

I think it's fab, but I haven't seen any other TV series that feature so much full frontal nudity. It even has willies!

AIBU to be totally shocked at how rude it is?

ophelia275 Tue 16-Apr-13 09:00:20

I love all the nudity, male, female whatever. It is a brilliant book/tv series and what makes it so enjoyable is that it is so unpredictable and so un pc. It's a refreshing change from all the watered down, sterile rubbish that saturates most of the channels these days.

BegoniaBampot Tue 16-Apr-13 09:31:04

i love it too but you can't ignore that the women do a LOT more stripping than the men.

KittyLilith Tue 16-Apr-13 10:30:43

ladyjadie They are songs from the story. This week's was The Bear and the Maiden Fair.

ladyjadie Tue 16-Apr-13 11:46:32

ohh ok! but made to sound more modern, right? or am I just going mad?

OxfordBags Tue 16-Apr-13 12:36:27

ladyjadie, I googled last night's closing song choice, and articles say that it was deliberately used to ramp up the 'bloody hell!' factor of what happened to one of the major characters (not going to spoil it for anyone lurking who hasn't watched it) - emphasising how jarring life can be at times, etc., etc., blah blah.

katykuns Wed 17-Apr-13 16:30:54

I understand the annoyance at the sexualisation in GoT, but don't really get bothered about it myself, because the female characters aren't weak and weedy characters. Rather than sex being used to enslave them, they use it as a weapon... well most of them do.

Think its also meant to be inspired by medieval times, when women really were treated badly.

oh, and I also want to see Tyrion naked grin

MissSusan Wed 17-Apr-13 17:18:38

Yes it's based loosely on the war of the roses, so yeah women would have been treated really badly.
I have a huge crush on Peter Dinklage, so would not say no to a naked Tyrion.

ladyjadie Wed 17-Apr-13 17:52:03

Ohh I see.. Thanks Oxford! TBH I struggled to even remember what had happened!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now