Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to ask what are the most loathed topic starters for mumsnetters?

(82 Posts)
KarmaBitch Wed 10-Apr-13 11:04:23

I'm a new poster although I've lurked for a good while. So what are the loathed topics that keep resurfacing time and time again? Or ones that get on everyone's tits?

[braces self for this would probably be one of those threads] grin

Ezza1 Wed 10-Apr-13 14:32:17

All of the above!!! Not really sure why I bother logging on half the time confused

LadyBigtoes Wed 10-Apr-13 14:34:39

The ones where the OP says in all genuineness "My DH earns 300K but we're still only just scraping by." Can't believe anyone dares to post that, but they do. NEVER goes well.

znaika Wed 10-Apr-13 14:37:36

I hate the AIBU such as AIBU to think that murder is a bad thing, or AIBU to hate child abuse or other such. WHAT IS THE POINT?

AlexReidsLonelyBraincell Wed 10-Apr-13 21:36:31

I love those "my child will bypass the haribo, chocolate and cake at parties and politely demand tender stem broccoli and alfalfa sprouts" posts.

I'm sure there are some children like that, but they are very well represented on MN indeed. grin

(of course my dc would choose peppers and houmous over a bag of buttons any day --I wish--)

westcoastnortherner Wed 10-Apr-13 21:46:03

Anything with a link to the Daily Mail apparently

lappy Wed 10-Apr-13 22:10:31

I'm always surprised at the amount of Mooncup/ sanitary protection threads that are on 'chat'.

Why is there a need to discuss this so much confused

AND, AND when it's shortened to sanpro, I find that even worse for some reason.

Mother2many Thu 11-Apr-13 16:59:22

Any topic dealing with children and tv/computer/gaming/ipods/ipads/etc. and how it seems people have the need to inform us,

"my child ONLY watches Xamount of time, on the screen"
"my child ONLY is allowed to play his hand held games... "
"my child isn't Allowed a game system"

As if anyone really says,

I let my child watch TV, 24/7...
I let my child game out anytime he/she feels like...

Perfect parents... gag

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now