AIBU to expect Asda, NOT, to have very dangerous seeded grapes on casual display ,within reach of young children?

(132 Posts)
TheGrapesOfWrath Wed 10-Apr-13 01:02:06

why do they have to put them in such easy reach?
Why do they put them at toddler eye level?
It's irresponsible at best and could cause a very serious injury.

Sorry if this sounds a bit ranty but I am,so, very cross.

We went to Asda today,whilst shopping there my DD was sitting in the trolley and by expert toddler deception obtained, ate then choked on a couple of seeds from a handful of acquired grapes.angry
I only ever buy seedless ones for DD so she is NOT used to grapes, even having seeds.
She coughed for quite a while, it made her eyes water. sad
Poor DD it must have been terrifying for her.
I'm not sure if to just complain or take some other action?
It's really put poor DD off eating grapes, which is a such a huge shame, as she always enjoys a snack whilst we shop.
DH thinks we should take legal action, I'm not sure.
Do you think we would we have a strong legal case against Asda?
Thank you in advance..

theodorakisses Wed 10-Apr-13 14:04:31

It all depends, where did the grapes park their car? Was it a P and T space? Did they have their children with them, did the children have pierced ears? Were the grapes middle class? Did they drive a 4x4? Were grape children state educated? Were the grapes formula fed? Have you seen their behaviour at soft play?
It is impossible to draw a fair conclusion without all of the facts (and as any MNer knows, these points must always be addressed).

SocialClimber Wed 10-Apr-13 14:09:07

I still chop grapes in half. My kids are 6 and 9.

I'm not as big a wanker as the OP though.

Also, how does one choke on a seed?

Coconutty Wed 10-Apr-13 14:17:05

DS1 grabbed a mango once which Asda had left at eye level, and swallowed it whole. Stone and all.

Do I win a prize?

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Wed 10-Apr-13 14:24:41

westiemamma did you get charged for the tomatoes?

DameSaggarmakersbottomknocker Wed 10-Apr-13 14:28:38

This is a joke I'm sure. It's a new(ish) twist on the original very long running GrapesofWrath thread which must be buried in Classics somewhere.

Just give her a French stick to chew on next time OP. It'll keep her occupied for much longer with the added bonus of making a huge crumby mess.

WestieMamma Wed 10-Apr-13 15:20:57

westiemamma did you get charged for the tomatoes?

Nope, they didn't get the chance. I couldn't get out fast enough. My humiliation wasn't help by the fact that I was covered in tomato juice and seeds my own mother was doubled up laughing her head off at my predicament. Cheers for that mum.

FrustratedSycamoresRocks Wed 10-Apr-13 15:36:02

I hope you didnt choke on the tomato seeds then westiemamma your mum could have sued once she stopped laughing dangerous things these lethal weapons disguised as fruit. grin

My dd can eat a whole apple, core and all, except the pips, she manages quite successfully to spit these out at great force.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now