AIBU to expect Asda, NOT, to have very dangerous seeded grapes on casual display ,within reach of young children?

(132 Posts)
TheGrapesOfWrath Wed 10-Apr-13 01:02:06

why do they have to put them in such easy reach?
Why do they put them at toddler eye level?
It's irresponsible at best and could cause a very serious injury.

Sorry if this sounds a bit ranty but I am,so, very cross.

We went to Asda today,whilst shopping there my DD was sitting in the trolley and by expert toddler deception obtained, ate then choked on a couple of seeds from a handful of acquired grapes.angry
I only ever buy seedless ones for DD so she is NOT used to grapes, even having seeds.
She coughed for quite a while, it made her eyes water. sad
Poor DD it must have been terrifying for her.
I'm not sure if to just complain or take some other action?
It's really put poor DD off eating grapes, which is a such a huge shame, as she always enjoys a snack whilst we shop.
DH thinks we should take legal action, I'm not sure.
Do you think we would we have a strong legal case against Asda?
Thank you in advance..

AmberLeaf Wed 10-Apr-13 01:24:42

I know Ive seen this posters name before so I'm going for ...it's a joke?

K8Middleton Wed 10-Apr-13 01:25:08

What should you do next time? Take her down the booze aisle of course! See if she can grab a few miniatures and stuff them down her dress. She won't be able to get the tops off with her pudgy little hands so you don't need to worry about a choking hazard. Sorted.

ProtegeMoi Wed 10-Apr-13 01:27:40

Gotta be a wind up, so many dangerous things in a supermarket for toddlers that's why your supposed to, you know, watch them!

Although I'd love to see Asda counter sue for the theft of said grapes smile

OutragedFromLeeds Wed 10-Apr-13 01:28:37

I'm sure I've seen the OP post before, I think this is a slightly confusing joke

Nandocushion Wed 10-Apr-13 01:31:11

Oh for goodness' sake, of course it's a joke. The clue was in the MN trigger sentence "It's really put poor DD off eating grapes, which is a such a huge shame, as she always enjoys a snack whilst we shop".

LessMissAbs Wed 10-Apr-13 01:37:54

OP, forget Asda, take DD out for a walk in the countryside, alongside hedgerows full of brambles, blackberries, raspberries, etc, and sue Great Britain plc!!

LyingWitchInTheWardrobe Wed 10-Apr-13 01:37:57

Oh for goodness' sake, of course it's a joke. The clue was in the MN trigger sentence "It's really put poor DD off eating grapes, which is a such a huge shame, as she always enjoys a snack whilst we shop".

I wouldn't know if it was a joke or not, I see lots of posts from posters who type cringey stuff just like this. confused

This is AIBU - no guarantees that this is a joke at all. You do get some really strange people posting in this section.

AgentZigzag Wed 10-Apr-13 01:48:27

I'm waiting for someone to come and tell us off for being such bitter, angry wimmin not supporting a fellow mummy, before asking why we're on here and not looking after our darling children.

PelvicFloorClenchReminder Wed 10-Apr-13 01:51:10

In case anyone does, I am currently wide awake for the sole purpose of listening to mine snore. With great affection, of course.

AgentZigzag Wed 10-Apr-13 01:55:47

It's all work, work, work eh Pelvic? <slugs sips gin>

M0naLisa Wed 10-Apr-13 01:58:30

Gotta be a troll

Sunnywithshowers Wed 10-Apr-13 02:01:10

Won't someone think of the poor children?

sashh Wed 10-Apr-13 04:52:37

Where's the goat? Surely there must be a goat on this thread?

Eastpoint Wed 10-Apr-13 06:37:13

First time poster.

feetheart Wed 10-Apr-13 06:43:52

'very dangerous seeded grapes' - were they ninja grapes?

This is a joke thread. Or a windup.

GirlOutNumbered Wed 10-Apr-13 06:50:38

YABU and allowing child to shoplift during shopping.
I must report you to the police immediately.

FrubesOnTheCouch Wed 10-Apr-13 06:52:01

grin

2blessed Wed 10-Apr-13 06:53:51

Surely this is a joke...?

Oh, you must sue ASDA, its a public service duty.

Of course, if one shopped at Waitrose then one WOULDN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM as the Waitrose Fairies would prevent any ills from befalling your small charge and you could shop in peace in a bubble of delight and general joyousness.

BookieMonster Wed 10-Apr-13 07:04:27

None of this would have happened if you'd gaffer taped your DD's hands to the trolley.

Shutupanddrive Wed 10-Apr-13 07:39:33

I hate these stupid posts biscuit

Tee2072 Wed 10-Apr-13 07:41:32

I am, honestly, simply marking my place (Yes I could watch the thread. Your point?), to see if the OP ever comes back.

Isityouorme Wed 10-Apr-13 07:41:36

Legal action ... against you for failing to watch your child? FFS

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now