To want to kill colleague who says 'reach out' instead of 'contact'

(189 Posts)
Themobstersknife Tue 09-Apr-13 22:00:46

I know I am, but just back from mat leave, the bastard has done a land grab and now I want to kill him, especially when he says crap like this!

bequiasweet Fri 12-Apr-13 12:44:01

how about repurposing your colleague, OP.

gail734 Fri 12-Apr-13 12:50:55

YANBU. My DH says "going forward" instead of "in future". Seriously, like, "Going forward I think we should use the green bin bags, instead of the black ones." Something he picked up at work. I mock him every time.

Stepissue Fri 12-Apr-13 15:06:49

yesterday my boss said we needed to get something 'into the dna of the business'

I'm ashamed to say that by 2pm I'd used it myself in another meeting blush grin

IT IS CONTAGIOUS FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've noticed a nee one recentlt but cannot remember it at all!
I'm also wondering whether I say any stupid stuff lie this? Do you actually notice, or are you oblivious, while you smirk at others?

Zone2mum Fri 12-Apr-13 15:29:46

new particular pet hate is using "download" to mean "tell you" as in "I can download about that later" arghhhh
I am a person not a computer

"going forwards" is another bete noir - you mean "in future", you arse

Zone2mum Fri 12-Apr-13 15:30:31

meant to add, YANBU OP

Witco Fri 12-Apr-13 15:35:02

YANBU! I used to work for a global company with its HQ in the USA and the crap like "reach out" used to drive me distraction!

JojoLapin Fri 12-Apr-13 19:35:06

"Thanks for reaching out, let's take it offline, is it vanilla?..." Daily speak in my office but last week I was in meeting where a very irritating guy said "he is not one to follow the elephants". I still don't know what he meant.

It made him sound like a rich version of David Brent. It was weirdly pathetic and fun at the same time... I enjoyed it.

christinarossetti Fri 12-Apr-13 20:21:33

"Is it vanilla?"

As opposed to more elaborate sexual conduct, do you mean?

FacebookWanker Fri 12-Apr-13 22:00:05

I also hate it when people doing a presentation lick their finger and stick it in the air...and all this rubbish about things being on your radar...

littletingoddess Fri 12-Apr-13 22:08:51

YANBU at being annoyed. If someone says 'reach out' I automatically assume that contact may or may not be made. Please 'contact' me, do not reach out. FacebookWanker I would be tempted to ask your person their weather predictions, and make sure to get vairy technical regarding wind speed, direction, atmospheric pressure... after all, that's what they're doing by licking their finger and sticking it in the air, eh? grin

SinisterBuggyMonth Fri 12-Apr-13 23:38:18

"park that idea" is one I hear all the time, meaning "its a shit idea, we're not going to do anything with it, but print it out anyway" I get a mental image of ideas stacked up in a car park.

Also I work with designers who are always saying then want to make something looks "sexier" like they are going to put high heels and lipstick on and ad for guttering.

Cazza72 Sat 13-Apr-13 07:40:36

Oh ... And in said pods there are pod captains!! Fucking funny! All I have running through my head is 'Thunderbirds are go ...' I actually did laugh out loud the first time I heard it, but have learnt to just laugh on the inside now as everyone else seems to take it deadly seriously.

saffronwblue Sat 13-Apr-13 08:09:30

This may out me. My employer is spending millions moving us all into a brand new building where we will be seated in tight rows like battery hens and reception will have the right to refuse us access to the "client side" if we are not smartly enough dressed.
The poor people organising the details of the ghastly move, the PAs and other admin people, have to wear Tshirts on Fridays proclaiming them to be Move Champions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now