Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

I reckon recycling is a complete waste of time. There's more plastic in those wheely bins than in a lifetime of plastic bags

(102 Posts)
moondog Tue 09-Apr-13 14:39:02

I'm convinced it's nothing more than a right on gesture.
I've a good mind to say sod it and not bloody bother (and I'm a woman who spent a total of three years washing shitty nappies in an effort to be right on).

MsBella Wed 10-Apr-13 03:36:09

I once listened to someone drone on had a conversation about the different types of plastic, he was telling me about the different codes for different types of plastics and how most can't and aren't actually recycled even though we aren't told this, it could be different now but it made me wonder...

HesterShaw Wed 10-Apr-13 10:02:56

Plastic bottles are (or were) generally always made of PET. That's the kind which goes white at the crease when you fold it. That's why they specify plastic bottles, to stop people putting things like yoghurt pots and sandwich containers in the same mix, which are another plastic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now