I feel a bit bad, ignored the door

(30 Posts)
hairtearing Tue 09-Apr-13 10:21:16

I have Members of my family often like to visit unnanounced during the day.
But today I feel like absolute death, shivering,shaking,snotty nose,bad cough, painful chest and feel very sick and very,very lethargic.
I already have issues due to blood loss/contraception this only makes it worse.
I have the DC , the house is a tip , I look like hell and last thing I want to do is to have to make tea and conversation.
For all I know it could have been something else but I ignored the door blush
am I a bad person?

ThoseWomenWereInTheNip Thu 11-Apr-13 15:25:40

Nope. I also have a perfectly positioned mirror on the wall that lets me see who's at the door without any effort from me. So i can see who I'm ignoring. grin

sjupes Thu 11-Apr-13 15:28:08

Hi, i just ignored my door to a delivery man who could see i was sat here!

Although i am 22 weeks pregnant, on day 3 of a d+v bug, in my pyjamas, dc are in their jams and i was on the phone to nhs 24 as 17 month old ds also has my bug poor thing he is.

I decided that talking to the midwife nurse about ds and my health was more important than new babygrows.

Poor bloke rang the bell 3 times, chapped the door twice and pointedly looked in the window at me blush

I'm lucky he left the parcel with my neighbours rather than in the bin!

Sunshinewithshowers Thu 11-Apr-13 15:32:09

Im a door ignorer!
& home phone & mobile

In fact Ive just got in from Town & walking the dog in the rain. So I've
put last nights pjs back on until I have a hot bath, then its clean pjs.

Home should be your retreat, sod em! X

Airwalk79 Thu 11-Apr-13 15:38:15

I often don't answer the door. I also don't let people in if I can't be arsed. I certainly don't make a brew or anything for unannounced visitors.

It takes less than a minute to send a quick txt or call, I'd always call first.

MissMogwi Thu 11-Apr-13 15:50:15

YANBU. I often ignore the door if I'm not expecting anyone. Bloody ring first. I like to swan about in my dressing gown with mad hair.

Living on a main road means I have to close my blinds because people my sister will turn up and peer through my window, despite knowing I am up to my eyes in my dissertation. Really annoying.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now