To always be thankful to Maggie the milk snatcher

(79 Posts)
babybarrister Mon 08-Apr-13 20:55:56

For getting rid of school milk as i hate milk and it made me vom - just recollecting those warm bottles with the disgusting 'cream' on top putrifying grin. I used to be forced to drink it and just the smell would set me off so Maggiei salute you in all your milk snatching glory

yetanotherworry Tue 09-Apr-13 14:36:12

I was one of those children who needed it because of lack of food at home but still have nightmares of being forced to drink it at school when it was warm and rancid in Summer. We didn't get the biscuits either - I'm sure it would have been better to just give out toast.

zukiecat Tue 09-Apr-13 14:44:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

saulaboutme Tue 09-Apr-13 16:23:53

Yabu! I was lucky enough to have a dad who worked and had lots of milk at home. Plenty of my friends didn't! I remember the milk not being there anymore and the tears.
It may have been a relief for you but not everyone. Where I went to school there was alot of poverty and the milk was looked forward to.
What a ridiculous thing to thank her for.
I think it's another example of her being detached from RL. I hate her for it.

babybarrister Tue 09-Apr-13 17:15:09

clearly there was quite a lot of wasted milk that could have been put to a better use rather than poured sureptitiously down drains and sinks grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now