Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to find it rude when people turn on the bubbles in the jacuzzi, without asking you what you want?

(73 Posts)
carlajean Mon 08-Apr-13 16:16:09

that's it really. I had a day out at a local spa with a couple of friends. it has an open-air hot tub with room for about 6 or 7 people. we were sitting chatting happily - no bubbles, just still water, when 2 women climbed in and turned it onto the volcano setting, 2 or 3 times, no eye contact, or asking us if we minded. it happened later that day with a different couple. I think they were bloody rude, but is that what people do in spas?

VivaLeBeaver Tue 09-Apr-13 15:22:36

Go on then. grin

I was swimming late one evening in the gym pool. I was the only person in the pool but there were two blokes in the sauna. a totally naked man came out the changing room and walked up and down the side of the pool. I pretended I hadn't noticed.

He went back into the changing room, I went into the jacuzzi. He came out changing rooms and into jacuzzi. Another woman appeared and came into the jacuzzi. He was sat there wanking.

I got up and went into the sauna, still pretending I hadn't noticed. This was about 12 years ago. If it happened now I'd have given him an earful. Pervert. The other woman followed me into the jacuzzi and she'd seen the same.

I agree OP, the point for me is not the bubbles (which are annoying), it is relaxing in the hot water.

It is true that hotel and spa jacuzzis are almost always gross and bacteria breeding hot spots.

maddening Tue 09-Apr-13 15:26:52

If you want to bob around in unbubbly water then go to the pool - in a jacuzzi you have bubbles.

TheFallenMadonna Tue 09-Apr-13 15:31:21

I was at a spa thing last week and there was a "hydrotherapy pool", which was a jacuzzi. I did ask before I switched it on, because I do think it's a bit rude not to ask. But I did also wonder why they were sitting there without the bubbles...

drjohnsonscat Tue 09-Apr-13 15:33:20

hilarious. Love Shatner's analogy.

This is like the thread about the outrage of children playing on play equipment. I had no idea I was wondering about the world offending people left right and centre by activating bubbles in a spa bath, holding doors open for them when they wanted to stay where they were and pressing the button for the green man when they really fancy the red man so wanted to stay and watch him all day.

Maddening, when the pool is hot and has seats then yes, that is a valid alternative.

drjohnsonscat Tue 09-Apr-13 15:35:02

wandering about the world obv blush

carlajean Tue 09-Apr-13 17:36:29

my goodness, I thought the thread had died and it's going again...

I once stayed in a hotel with a massive Jacuzzi. I put bubbles in it.

They had to evacuate the dining room. blush oops.

FFs it's like sitting on the bus and being pissed off when it pulls away!

carlajean Tue 09-Apr-13 17:46:10

and , fwiw, I was enjoying sitting in a lovely tranquil pool, enjoying the peace, and did think it really odd that the people who got in didn't ask if I minded sitting in a geyser ( or even make eye contact) but I'm happy to go with what everybody is telling me (and avoid spas in future)

Sorry. HOTEL ROOM with a massive Jacuzzi and a hot man in it with me.

Them were the days <sighs fondly, blushes to roots of hair and rushes off thread>

drjohnsonscat Tue 09-Apr-13 17:53:45

grin at thought of freddie in a jacuzzi with a man in the middle of the hotel dining room. At least the bubbles would have covered your bits grin

grin the water ran down the walls and through the ceiling and shorted the electrics. oops.

Carlajean, we found a hot river in Utah that you can go sit in surrounded by mountains and snowy fields. The only bubble are if someone ate chickpeas!

pigletmania Tue 09-Apr-13 21:09:00

Yabu it a jacuzzi nt a bath

Viviennemary Tue 09-Apr-13 21:10:20

Well I'd say bubbles was natural state of things in a Jacuzzi. So they just switched it on. And I thought it did have to be on for the filters to work properly.

halcyondays Tue 09-Apr-13 21:11:08

Yabu, it's a jacuzzi, it's supposed to be bubbly.

Not as many as I made Vivienne grin happy days < reminisces happily>

In my defence, wine may have been involved.

BobblyGussets Tue 09-Apr-13 21:28:18

The "volcano setting" made me chortle, remembering Dad's recounting of his jacuzzi experience on holiday in Mexico; he cheerfully reminisced about his "colonic irrigation in the jacuzzi". I don't use jacuzzis anymore grin

babyinarms Tue 09-Apr-13 21:29:41

yabu! a jacuzzi is no good without the bubble me thinks!

carlajean Tue 09-Apr-13 22:14:56

where's that spoony? we're heading out that way soon

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Tue 09-Apr-13 22:23:51

Yuk...communal bath. Toenail dirt, arse juice...YAK!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now