to find it rude when people turn on the bubbles in the jacuzzi, without asking you what you want?

(73 Posts)
carlajean Mon 08-Apr-13 16:16:09

that's it really. I had a day out at a local spa with a couple of friends. it has an open-air hot tub with room for about 6 or 7 people. we were sitting chatting happily - no bubbles, just still water, when 2 women climbed in and turned it onto the volcano setting, 2 or 3 times, no eye contact, or asking us if we minded. it happened later that day with a different couple. I think they were bloody rude, but is that what people do in spas?

LegoAcupuncture Mon 08-Apr-13 16:24:06

Wow, lots of first world problems on MN today.

YABU. Jacuzzis are meant to have bubbles.

carlajean Mon 08-Apr-13 16:25:58

I was wondering when someone would come and give the first world problem answer. I thought aibu was for this kind of stuff, but do tell me if there's a separate board

theodorakisses Mon 08-Apr-13 16:27:00

it is a pool of water full of fanny juice. Bubbles or not, it is not a clean bath at home. Therefore I would say that bubbling the juice or still, it is still chlorinated skin, hair and people juice unless it is your own personal device. Therefore you are BU

VivaLeBeaver Mon 08-Apr-13 16:27:38

Is this going to be a
Yabu
Yabu
Yabu
Yabu
Yabvu
Flounce

Type thread?

ShatnersBassoon Mon 08-Apr-13 16:30:06

No, Viva, it's going to be one of those that goes
YABU
YABU
YABU
YABU
YABU
OK, thanks for setting my straight on this, I really didn't know if IWBU, but now I know I certainly was and have stopped being cross about it.

Mark my words...

everlong Mon 08-Apr-13 16:30:07

Bubbles are the point of a jacuzzi I thought.

carlajean Mon 08-Apr-13 16:30:12

no, I guess aibu, but do think its unreasonable to toss in the 1st world problem response if it's seen as being frivolous.

ivykaty44 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:30:41

What exactly do you expect

Its a bit like getting on a bus and the driver not asking you which route you want to take into town - it is already planned and thats the deal if you get on that bus.

or going to a steak house and expecting them to serve a wide selection of salads

The name was part of the clue in this case

YABO

madonnawhore Mon 08-Apr-13 16:31:37

If I was at a spa and saw a group of people sitting in a still jacuzzi I'd assume they didn't know how to work it.

Why get in a jacuzzi if you don't want the bubbles? Just have a bath surely.

On a related note, I once got into a jacuzzi at a spa. I was the only person there. Looked around for the thingy to turn the bubbles on and saw a red button on the wall, so I gave it a whack expecting the jacuzzi to start fizzing.

Instead, two worried looking spa staff came running through the door. I'd hit the emergency alarm blush.

The button I was actually looking for was right next to my elbow.

Yabu - bubbles are the point of it. How odd. confused

Sugarice Mon 08-Apr-13 16:31:49

We once stayed in a rental holiday cottage with a jacuzzi bath.

Stupid ol' me added bubble bath without thinking.

It was bubble armageddon in there, like a giant exploding meringue of radox! grin

ShatnersBassoon Mon 08-Apr-13 16:31:53

Yes, I agree carlajean. AIBU isn't meant to be asking strangers to make calls on life or death situations.

ivykaty44 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:34:47

Op apart from bubbles in the jacuzzi - did you have a lovely spa day?

carlajean Mon 08-Apr-13 16:36:18

yes thank you. just knackered now though. why is sitting around talking for 6 hours so tiring?

CloudsAndTrees Mon 08-Apr-13 16:36:35

YABU. The whole point is the bubbles!

They probably just thought it was resetting itself and that you wanted the bubbles. Every jacuzzi I have been in that requires you to press the button has a timer that makes it stop for a while every so often.

GreatUncleEddie Mon 08-Apr-13 16:37:11

This is what happens yes - the assumption is that the bubbles will be on if at all possible.

VivaLeBeaver Mon 08-Apr-13 16:39:01

I agree that aibu can be for first world problems as well. The thread title Meade it obvious what it was about. grin

LegoAcupuncture Mon 08-Apr-13 16:41:07

Do I get a prize for using it?

MansView Tue 09-Apr-13 14:12:46

yeah, I was at headlam hall the other week and this young couple gave me a sideways glance when I put the volcano setting on - if I'm paying nigh on 300 quid for a night - I will put the volcano setting on... smile

OrangeLily Tue 09-Apr-13 14:34:42

Are you having a laugh? They pressed the button that makes a jacuzzi a jacuzzi?? What's the problem?

moondog Tue 09-Apr-13 14:47:05

Where's Carla? I'm loving this thread.

LoganMummy Tue 09-Apr-13 14:57:44

Viva - please share your story smile

babybarrister Tue 09-Apr-13 15:08:23

I think I might vom if Viva shares her story ....

I once had a meeting with a client in prison - he sat with his hands under the table the whole time we talked about his case. When he got up (so to speak) I saw his flies were undone. He had been in there a while I am guessing .... shock

shewhowines Tue 09-Apr-13 15:12:35

YABU. They made it do what it says on the tin.

Pigsmummy Tue 09-Apr-13 15:15:18

They will probably start a thread on here about the lazy woman just sitting in tub waiting for other people to press the button. YABU but I am happy to read a thread that isn't about MT or benefits tbh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now