She smacked my daughter... WWYD??

(745 Posts)
Clumsyoaf Mon 08-Apr-13 12:53:06

In shock, just come home from a soft play place, went with some other mums that I have just started getting to know. DD (4 years old) being unruly - we are going through a phase at the moment, one of the other mums just picked her up and smacked her on her bottom. I was completely stunned - I would never hit a child my own or someone elses... DD in tears i just gathered up DS's stuff took DD and left.

I want to pick her up on it, or call the police or something..... sorry dont have anyone in RL i cant speak to right now so sorry for ranty message im just still stunned!

WWYD?????

NewStartInSpring Wed 17-Apr-13 14:32:27

I think if you post again then you should namechange. Or you will always get your other posts brought up.

CrapBag Wed 17-Apr-13 14:29:30

Thank you for the update. Glad she has been spoken to and that she actually realises she shouldn't have done it. Shame she can't actually bring herself to apologise, not only to you but to your DD as well!!

Doha Wed 17-Apr-13 11:47:20

Ignore the disbelievers and doubting posters Clumsy..

Your DD is just being a typical 4 year old seeing how far she can go and get away with.
I am glad the Other Mum has been spoken to by the police, perhaps she will think twice before she raises her hand to ANYONE again.

Do not avoid being in her company, why should you and your DD miss out, it may he awkward but more so for her than for you. You do not have to talk to her just as you don't have to ignore her.
Try move on from this and keep posting for support if you need it

Clumsyoaf Wed 17-Apr-13 11:38:20

Having read through some of the posts I really do think some people should really think twice before posting comments, I’m not a drama queen and yes I have had a run of some bad luck lately. Some people post for advice because they genuinely don’t have anyone to talk things over with in real life. I have no one who I could just discuss this with at the time and for me the support and advice here was a godsend.

And for the record my daughter is a normal 4 year old! shes just testing the boundaries with me but is well behaved at nursery! I wonder what planet some people are on sometimes.

MoominsYonisAreScary Wed 17-Apr-13 11:19:40

Hopefully now she will realise how wrong it is to smack someone else's child

MmeThenardier Wed 17-Apr-13 11:08:51

Thanks for the update clumsy been wondering how you got on. Sounds like quite a proportionate reaction.

I wouldn't really want to see her with a criminal record for her behaviour but I do think it was well out of order and perhaps this will make her realise how serious it is.

Clumsyoaf Wed 17-Apr-13 10:05:59

Btw, I live in my home I owned before i met husband - the whole forces thing isnt for me.

Clumsyoaf Wed 17-Apr-13 10:04:46

The smacking mum has been spoken to by the police, unofficially. She admitted smacking my DD as she was being naughty.

She has not apologised, but has told other mums that she cant believe she did that.

We will not be joining any activities when she is present.

Yes we had a play date last Friday and 4 mums and kids came, all expressed disgust at her behaviour but they all still meet up on a Monday at soft play.

Thanks to all for advice, sorry for late update

Mumof3men Wed 17-Apr-13 08:00:24

oh, I predict an update. Possibly another drama filled one :-)

candyandyoga Wed 17-Apr-13 07:22:26

I remember that! I think from now on I'll remember to not bother wasting my time on op's who can't be bothered to come back and update!

Mumof3men Sat 13-Apr-13 21:18:31

I think this is what happened at Xmas, there were many pages with the SIL saga and then Clumsyoaf disappeared, she then said her daughter had been in hospital and been very ill (not sure if her DP came home, I can't remember).

candyandyoga Sat 13-Apr-13 19:32:24

I do get very frustrated when op's don't update after people invest their time trying to reassure and help (in the majority of cases anyway)

ArtemisiaGentileschisThumb Sat 13-Apr-13 16:59:44

Some people have been so mean I wouldn't blame the op if she didn't come back at all. I'd like to know what happened though and if op and DS are ok.

Mumof3men Sat 13-Apr-13 10:05:41

has clumsyoaf been and updated or posted since this all blew up-seems odd she didn't update re the next meet up.

bugsocute Sat 13-Apr-13 03:24:57

what a bitch ! ring the ambulance on her ! she sound like a evil peace of work

alwayslateforwork Sat 13-Apr-13 03:04:38

Ha ha!

What a fabulous put down! Hence the rather strange behaviour anyway! Hahahahahahaha!

That has made my day, lol. Bwahahahahaha!

Ah, ya gotta love mn.

MrsBW Thu 11-Apr-13 19:58:13

Marquesas

I haven't been able to read every post but alwayslateforwork I thought this was a group of forces wives hence the rather strange behaviour of the women imo anyway

hmm

candyandyoga Thu 11-Apr-13 19:45:05

Motherof2many

Read the thread! Or RTFT as others would say. You haven't read enough to leave your comment

Mother2many Thu 11-Apr-13 16:30:05

Sorry, didn't read it all...but if your child is unruly, you should be on top of it, or not allow her to upset everyone else. Esp. if your aware she is going through a faze. She can't behave, she sits.

NO, I don't agree with this lady smacking her... She had no right too, no matter what.

You should of went and said something to her... I wonder how many other kids she feels, she has to discipline!!

I'm sure it shocked your DD.

candyandyoga Thu 11-Apr-13 12:59:39

Any update op?

JaxTellerIsAllMine Thu 11-Apr-13 11:56:42

OP I hope you get some resolution to this soon. And hope some of the other parents come round to yours for coffee/play with the little ones tomorrow.

Please do update when you get time.

differentname that is so sad. Hope the family got help, you would never know if the school involved CPS or SS as it is confidential. We can only hope. sad

differentnameforthis Thu 11-Apr-13 10:59:49

They had lots of issues with her brother. I don't know if they offered her any help for this issue, but I know that the family was "known" to the school as the daughter kept coming in with injuries.

She was barely a yr old & she has a broken arm. Mum blamed it on her brother, who was aggressive too, so the school certainly tried to sort his aggression. Not sure happened as we transferred schools shortly after (not because of this)

mummytime Thu 11-Apr-13 09:54:08

"Differentnameforthis - I just find that story so sad. Did the school try to get the 4 year old help? Did they talk to the mother? (I assume she has other children at the school.) Did they contact any outside agencies to try to get her help?

I have a child who has been violent and behaved inappropriately at times; it can make you want to hide and not be seen in the playground. It would be even worse if the events happened in the playground. Actually it is still hard for me, as I only know a few people who have complained who have the guts to talk to me about it, so I don't know who else I speak to in the playground may have made a complaint. Of course other parents who have heard stories also have no idea what is going on behind the scenes.

However OP your daughter does not sound that bad in the incident you relate.

MammaTJ Thu 11-Apr-13 09:34:38

There might not be an end yet. I know when I was accused (falsely I might add) of hurting a child, it took a few days from the police seeing the people who made the complaint, then coming to see me, then going to see my friend who was a witness to what really happened.

topsyandturvy Thu 11-Apr-13 08:40:07

op , what happened in the end then?????

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now