to be finding Tom Cruise strangely attractive?

(287 Posts)
freddiefrog Sun 07-Apr-13 22:59:05

Am watching Rock Of Ages and...um...well...yeah blush

Knock some sense into me grin

HoneyDragon Sun 07-Apr-13 23:36:49

Well I didn't expect a tongue coming out his penis.

muffinino82 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:38:37

YABVVVU confused

Ponyo73 Sun 07-Apr-13 23:46:09

Anonymosity, was it Legend you watched with the locks?

Buzzardbird Sun 07-Apr-13 23:55:11

Eeew, rat features

thebestpossibletaste Mon 08-Apr-13 00:28:48

I love the film! to the point that I start laughing if I hear a song from the soundtrack on the radio now! The Russell Brand and Alec Baldwin bit... fantastic! I love rock music anyway but it's so funny and Tom Cruise turns me on! it's definitely the long hair/leather/bad boy thing.

freddiefrog Mon 08-Apr-13 00:33:28

Yes, I loved the film. I love the music too.

Even if I do feel a bit dirty now grin

anonymosity Mon 08-Apr-13 00:52:14

yes Ponyo73 - Legend. Crap film, good hair.

bruffin Mon 08-Apr-13 00:54:40

The stage show is even better than the film. Although the Russell Brand role is the lead rather than Stacey Jaxx.
Very funny and rude and a big party from start to finish.

cricketballs Mon 08-Apr-13 07:19:52

I will happily admit that I think strange beliefs aside he is gorgeous, been lusting since top gun grin

Uppermid Mon 08-Apr-13 07:23:10

I like Tom cruise. There I've said it! Better than George fucking Osborne ;o)

SamuelWestsMistress Mon 08-Apr-13 07:42:11

I think it was ok to like him in the Top Gun/Cocktail days before he came out as a weirdo. I do think he's a great actor though. At least he's not as weird as Mel Gibson! Yet.

KatyTheCleaningLady Mon 08-Apr-13 08:41:11

I have recently found him attractive, too, and it's weird.

He did nothing for me back in his heyday of Top Gun, etc.

But, I saw the last half of the movie he did with Cameron Diaz on telly, and was surprised to find him compelling. I watched him in Jack Reacher the other night, and once I got past the whole "he's too short to be Jack Reacher" thing, I was really into it.

He's very compelling and I don't know why.

whenitrainsitpours Mon 08-Apr-13 08:48:50

I thought he was well hot in the action film Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol! Sexy bottom and hard body especially liked the scene where he is climbing up the wall in Dubai on 104th. So Op you are not the only one to like him. I agree with the longer hair nice look. Not sure that I would like him as much in real life though.

mrsjay Mon 08-Apr-13 08:52:04

OH no I thought he was EURGH in rock of ages not attractive at all and slightly mucky (not in a good way) I watched it at the weekend

whatever rocks your boat though I used to love the bones off the man when I was younger

Panzee Mon 08-Apr-13 08:56:35

He is such an oddball but he has charisma and is a great actor. I find myself liking him in spite of myself.

PenelopePortrait Mon 08-Apr-13 08:57:37

YANBU! I love him. Always have, always will. He's absolutely gorgeous.

mrsjay Mon 08-Apr-13 08:59:51

loved leather glad 80s rock gods but he just didn't do it for me in the film he is no Jon Bon<drool> Jovi

mrsjay Mon 08-Apr-13 09:00:42

I do like his films especially films you dont expect him in like Rock of ages,

Nancy66 Mon 08-Apr-13 09:03:20

it's a weird one. We all know that he's a member of some weird cult and had three very questionable marriages....but

anyone that's ever worked with him says how amazing, kind, professional and great he is to work with.

MY DP works in film industry and one of this friends was 2nd director on whatever film it was he recently made in London and didn't have a bad word to say about him.

NotTreadingGrapes Mon 08-Apr-13 09:03:56

I have such a saddo soft spot for him since the 80s. blush

Even though he is weird alien type being. And 2ft 6.

VenusRising Mon 08-Apr-13 09:04:30

I bet he smells funny though. He has odd clammy red hands, and just looks like he sweats, a lot.
Do Christian scientists use deodorant? He looks sortof reeksome to me. And I think his shoe lifts are very unappealing. Why doesn't he wear platforms like mick jagger (boke) or Bono (boke).

I also think he was quite good in an ironic way in that film with Cameron Diaz, but then I think Cameron Diaz is brill, and bad teacher is one of my fav films, in fact I think she carries any film she's in, even though she's odd looking in a kind of testosterone way.

NotTreadingGrapes Mon 08-Apr-13 09:04:57

Nancy, I've read that too. And how he always annoys the hell out of people when he's supposed to be at functions because he spends so long talking to fans outside.

mrsjay Mon 08-Apr-13 09:09:02

he is a scientologist not a christian scientist venus they are weird not the same thing

Nancy66 Mon 08-Apr-13 09:09:46

NotTrading - this friend really wanted to find fault and said he honestly couldn't. He was always on set hours before he was needed, always prepared, made no diva demands, willingly took direction which lots of big name stars won't - nd happy to chat to, sign autographs for: extras, catering staff etc...

of course it could all be part of his control-freak personality but would be tough to keep that up for week after week if it was all an act.

mrsjay Mon 08-Apr-13 09:11:39

maybe being a nice chap i s scientology training they do look very smiley wink or he could just be a decent block

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now