Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to think pushy Mums should at least take a break during the flight?

(129 Posts)
Talkinpeace Sun 07-Apr-13 20:59:42

Flying home from holiday today, yummy mummy of OUTRAGEOUSLY named children spent the whole flight
getting them to do maths (or actually she did the whole lot and they looked longingly at my game of bejewelled)
then read Harry Potter to them (loudly)
then got them to write up their holiday diaries (yes dear, other people had villas with pools too)
then nagged her husband to read to them (he didn't)
and basically stopped anybody near her from enjoying their reading material and all of us wondered if she really knew what her child's name said about her (read your history BEFORE naming the child, not after)

PS economy airline - so she was cheap as well as loud.

Talkinpeace Mon 08-Apr-13 21:50:53

Moomin
thou are truly a warped person.
LOVE it ;-)

I reckon the surname should be Aduxass. wink

Longdistance Sun 14-Apr-13 02:14:20

Nothing wrong with Attila. It's my cousins name, and lots of Hungarians use it. I don't think they look into names that much, and then associate it with Attila the Hun.

missingmumxox Sun 14-Apr-13 02:35:08

I remember the day my Dh made me soooo proud of him, we where at a friends and another couple and their children where there, the whole day the mother spoke french when she was telling the children off, and they replied the same, I don't speak French so unaware of this, she spoke in a normal voice, so we didn't know what she was saying, DH does, eventually he congrats mother on her spoken French and asks why she only tells her children off in it?
Red faced mother states that she is only trying to improve her children's french, my blunt Dh says.."oh i like it, not only are you teaching them French but you are making the French look like BASTARDS!" Brilliant!
apparently she was swearing and threatening them at them and they at 4 and 5 back to her, our friends said they had never been so grateful as this mum had made there lives hell about her prefect parenting for years...
And I would lay money the parent on the flight was her smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now