to think that Dilbert cartoons are not funny.

(49 Posts)
LornMowa Sun 07-Apr-13 10:09:21

This is an example.

The men in my household find them v. amusing but I have never been even slightly amused.

Its not just me is it?

AwkwardSquad Sun 07-Apr-13 10:16:59

I've worked for a large bureaucratic organisation for too many years now. I find them very funny indeed smile

PatriciaHolm Sun 07-Apr-13 10:18:37

Having done my time in cubicles, some of them are hilarious!

NynaevesSister Sun 07-Apr-13 10:19:43

That cartoon cracked me up. Maybe you need to work in a big office?

MrsBW Sun 07-Apr-13 10:19:50

I work in IT and think the one you've linked to is very funny!! grin

LaminateFlaw Sun 07-Apr-13 10:20:08

YABU. I also work for a large and very bureaucratic organisation, and most if it is far too close to reality. Some are funnier than others though.

oinkment Sun 07-Apr-13 10:20:31

You are not being unreasonable for not finding the Dilbert cartoons funny.

I am not being unreasonable for finding them clever, funny and very entertaining.

You might be being unreasonable if you believe that because you don't find them funny they are therefore lacking in humour but I can't tell if that's what you mean in your OP.

thenightsky Sun 07-Apr-13 10:20:50

YANBU I don't find them remotely funny either.

MardyBra Sun 07-Apr-13 10:20:52

YANBU because humour is subjective.

It's a bit of an oddly specific AIBU though.

Like:
AIBU not to like blue cheese/One Direction/Mr Bean?

AwkwardSquad Sun 07-Apr-13 10:21:20

Quite a few are based on anecdotes sent in to the cartoonist by cubicle dwellers. IME, pointy haired boss is very true to life! An I love Catbert. In fact I want to be Catbert.

Catbert4pm Sun 07-Apr-13 10:22:59

I find a lot of them funny. But then, I worked in HR for 25 years (the clue's in the name smile). But I am looking for a more interesting occupation at the moment, say... watching paint dry?!

Sparklingbrook Sun 07-Apr-13 10:24:18

I prefer Calvin and Hobbes

MsVestibule Sun 07-Apr-13 10:26:41

I love Dilbert cartoons! But then, I worked for an international bank for over 20 years, so a lot of it rang true...

But YANBU to dislike them. Just out of interest, have you ever worked in a large, bureaucratic organisation?

Sallyingforth Sun 07-Apr-13 10:29:46

Dilbert is hilarious. YABU.

Bumply Sun 07-Apr-13 10:30:59

The thing is they are so often true to life in an IT office that you have to laugh or you'll cry.

VodkaJelly Sun 07-Apr-13 10:32:13

I work for a large IT company and I find them hilarious and scarily quite true.

kim147 Sun 07-Apr-13 10:34:07

I love Dilbert.

I adore Calvin and Hobbes. DS (7) does not find them funny.

Otherworld Sun 07-Apr-13 10:36:12

Having worked for a large IT company they are scarily accurate sometimes.

Otherworld Sun 07-Apr-13 10:36:48

And should add funny - but if you've not worked in that world I can understand why you'd not get the humour

TiggyD Sun 07-Apr-13 10:42:19

I have a large selection of Dilbert books. And the DVD of the series. And 3 books by Scott Adams. Bit of a fan!

Any of us who are victims of management like Dilbert.

TheBigJessie Sun 07-Apr-13 10:43:23

That one is funny in general!

I haven't worked in that environment, but my mother thinks I want to hear all her crazy ideas about the internet. She once called me up to explain that she wasn't going to have a firewall on her new computer, because a lady in a shop she was talking to told her all about a firewall wrecking her new computer...

LornMowa Sun 07-Apr-13 10:44:34

To those who have asked, I have worked in large organisations and understand the points that they are trying to make. That doesn't help though. Each time I look at one I think they are going to be funny but then they seem to labour the point so much. They're probably 5 frames too long.

I think they're very funny grin

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Dilbert is great

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now