To be annoyed at the noise of children playing outside.

(78 Posts)
shewhowines Sat 06-Apr-13 13:14:42

My children are now older and have just stopped playing in our garden and are venturing further afield. I have been looking forward to a peaceful summer drinking wine relaxing in the garden.

Today there are young kids, belonging to the new neighbours, making an absolute racket in their garden, which I can hear through the closed windows. My teeth are clenching.

I am so being unreasonable, aren't I?

fedupdk Tue 28-May-13 18:17:46

personally, I do not have a problem with kids playing, but why must they always scream as if they have just been mortally wounded? now the neighbors have put in a trampoline and it lies so close to the ground that it is like a drum beating each time they jump and they jump from morning to night! talking to them does nothing, but make matters worse. Thinking really hard about buying a "mosquito anti loitering device" to put in my yard. When they scream I will turn it on. Have a beautiful garden and can almost never enjoy it. Moved to the country for some peace and quite and have nothing but NOISE NOISE AND MORE NOISE! Why do people have no concern for others? Hate to punish the kids, but the parents don't care, so maybe a bit of payback will make them reconsider how they let their children play. Is parenting totally dead?

BsshBossh Tue 28-May-13 19:58:08

LOL YABU, but you know that OP grin

cory Tue 28-May-13 20:38:40

Infants school just round the corner. I love all the Not My Problem sounds that have been issuing from over the fence for the last 20 years. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now