To be annoyed at the noise of children playing outside.

(78 Posts)
shewhowines Sat 06-Apr-13 13:14:42

My children are now older and have just stopped playing in our garden and are venturing further afield. I have been looking forward to a peaceful summer drinking wine relaxing in the garden.

Today there are young kids, belonging to the new neighbours, making an absolute racket in their garden, which I can hear through the closed windows. My teeth are clenching.

I am so being unreasonable, aren't I?

RedHelenB Sat 06-Apr-13 13:17:14

You are. I love the sound of kids playing even if they're not my own! Stop being an old codger

AThingInYourLife Sat 06-Apr-13 13:18:01

Yup grin

Can you enjoy the sound of children that are Not Your Problem?

SantanaLopez Sat 06-Apr-13 13:18:31

You are, you big old meanie!

Be glad they aren't yours!

KobayashiMaru Sat 06-Apr-13 13:18:46

Of course you are. Did you think of your childfree neighbours when your children were younger?

McNewPants2013 Sat 06-Apr-13 13:18:48

Yabu, I love the sound of children playing.

littlebitofthislittlebitofthat Sat 06-Apr-13 13:19:06

did you hoick your bosom while you winced?

AngelWreakinHavoc Sat 06-Apr-13 13:19:44

Yabu, it's a good thing the weather is nice enough for kids to get out the house.

shewhowines Sat 06-Apr-13 13:20:23

Children that are Not My Problem.

Mmm thats a good way of looking at it smile

smokinaces Sat 06-Apr-13 13:21:26

Yabu. It's been a long fucking winter. I would love for mine to be outside. sadly indoors dressing up and cars is winning. Until the snow bloody stops every two days.

All I can hear is the whirr of lawnmowers round here. grin

Your DC have had their turn at being noisy in the garden it's time for the next lot. They haven't got one of those awful trampolines have they?

Ministrone Sat 06-Apr-13 13:22:03

I get it, April Fool is lasting the whole month isn't it? Or maybe some sort of underground movement? Anyway I love to hear the sound of children playing and having fun.

BrianCoxandTheTempleofDOOM Sat 06-Apr-13 13:23:02

YABU. your children do not play silently I assume? Be fair now! <stern look>

If you live near other families, expect a certain level of noise.

We have a mix of generations in our street, majority of whom are pleasant, there are one or two who have lived here all their lives, brought kids up here and who now moan and whinge at the kids playing in the street. They are just playing, not being naughty.

it gets right on my tits nerves wink

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 06-Apr-13 13:24:19

I also love the sound of children playing even though I'm way beyond the young children years.
I live in a very quiet street with no kids, a few years ago there were loads, I miss the summer days when they were all running around laughing and squealing.

CointreauVersial Sat 06-Apr-13 13:27:16

Put some music on. Loud. Have a dance around your living room and cheer up!

shewhowines Sat 06-Apr-13 13:27:55

sparkling

Yes there is one of those trampolines. It's just not on. conveniently forgets the fact we had one too

and the fact that mine are running around the neighbourhood, tormenting others, as we speak!

IfUSeekAmy Sat 06-Apr-13 13:33:10

Are you talking about me? We've not long moved, have young children, they are in the garden on the trampoline!

TheEndTisHere Sat 06-Apr-13 13:35:44

I'll swap if you can stand dogs barking my neighbours dog has been going on for about 3 hours now!

I'm loving the sound of my kids though as I can mn for a while finally finish scrubbing my house.

shewhowines Sat 06-Apr-13 13:36:48

ifuseek

Mmm could be? Are there three of them? Two girls and a boy?

Fancy a glass of wine sometime?

Sirzy Sat 06-Apr-13 13:38:42

I love the sound of children playing out as long as they aren't screaming

I am about to kick DS into the garden!

IfUSeekAmy Sat 06-Apr-13 13:41:44

Oh it's not me! Mine are all girls. Thanks for the offer of the wine though. I hope mine aren't upsetting the neighbours though, you don't always realise how loud they are when you are used to the noise.

HerrenaHarridan Sat 06-Apr-13 13:43:24

Yabu and you know it!

However I do totally understand, once my dd is in bed (1930) I cannot bear other people's kids smile

forevergreek Sat 06-Apr-13 13:47:42

I do find it a bit annoying sometimes actually even with young children.

I understand children make noise but sometimes it's just constant screeching not general playing. If we are in parents garden I do try and have periods of quieter times as I know It can be annoying to others without children. So they might spend an hour running about/ balls etc, then the next hour digging/ gardening/ chalking on pavement a bit quieter

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Sat 06-Apr-13 13:52:27

I can remember being told off for making too much noise in the garden.
I love the noise of little people playing, where I used to live it was constant (and lovely) now there's not a peep and it makes me sad.

mrsjay Sat 06-Apr-13 13:54:34

Oh you have got to 'that' age I am there too sometimes I can't stand little children screaming and shrieking blush they are annoying little so n so's you are going to have to suck it up and let them play through gritted teeth im afraid YABU

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now