Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

not to feel filled with delight at having to clean my house today? light hearted and rather dull ...

(38 Posts)
Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 06-Apr-13 09:09:54

Housework. ARGH!!

Do I have to? Options are to live in squalor or roll up my sleeves....

AIBU???

grin

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 06-Apr-13 22:28:15

I am now decluttering by finishing some wine so that I can throw the bottle away.

Emilythornesbff Sat 06-Apr-13 20:01:36

In fact mrslettuce I think I'll pass on your wisdom to our cleaner next week so she can actually clean each room for once.
<resigns self to wishful thinking>

cjbk1 Sat 06-Apr-13 19:51:51

argh at the person who mentioned fish tanks I don't do ours dh does but I must clean the hamster cage it's only been a few days but needs must...I'm in my pjs, was hoping to just wash hair and relax but thanks to you lot......lol

marriedinwhiteagain Sat 06-Apr-13 19:38:35

Yep - it was a lovely wee ItsAllTLAsToMe. Then I showered, haired, put on make up, made ds and his girlfriend bacon sarnies, dropped gf home, dropped ds at the gym, went to sainsburys, did an hour or so of ironing, tidied up the sitting room, cooked supper and am now watching Merlin with dd. smile.

McNewPants2013 Sat 06-Apr-13 19:16:43

I haven't touch this house today, which is bugging me as I have OCD but I have a terrible cold and can't really move of the sofa.

Emilythornesbff Sat 06-Apr-13 19:01:44

mrslettuce thank you. I have implemented your system (sans breaks as I have small bf baby) today and housework all done.

ItsAllTLAsToMe Sat 06-Apr-13 15:57:42

I hope you've been for that wee by now, married wink.

I've tidied up lots of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, and baked a cake (cheated by using my bread maker). DH has put dinner in the oven, so we're all going to go for a walk until its ready. Yay.

marriedinwhiteagain Sat 06-Apr-13 13:13:35

Really dying for a wee now grin

BlackeyedSusan England Sat 06-Apr-13 13:10:20

ok. I have done 30 minutes. and collapsed. I have been at mums ll week, gardening and shopping for her. I left here in it's tidiest state for while, but it is a shock coming back to too much stuff in too small a place.

going to do lunch in mo. then tackle something else.

I like the 15 minute idea.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 06-Apr-13 12:45:54

I have done some things! I hate doing housework when DH is home (he works very long hours and on Saturdays, too, so I don't expect him to pitch in like I do). But he has just come in now, so I can hardly chase him out again! Fortunately DS is going out with a friend so if DH has a nap, I can carry on!

ItsAllTLAsToMe Sat 06-Apr-13 12:37:25

I still haven't done anything blush.

DH took DS to the library, then made French toast for lunch.

I might do some ironing during DS's nap.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 06-Apr-13 12:31:57

Yes, I usually start by opening the windows, raisah, much to DH's annoyance! I HATE a house with windows firmly shut all the time - even if it is freezing outside.

marriedinwhiteagain Sat 06-Apr-13 12:30:25

Sets aside newspaper to put on top of kitchen cupboards when they are next clean blush.

Looks at china cabinet containing the crystal - hmm - we had some sherry at Easter and I had to wash the glasses first they were so dusty (how do they get that dusty behind glass doors?).

So far today I should have done: ironing, sainsbury's, tidied sitting room, made bed, got dressed. So far today have had two cups of tea, made boiled egg and soldiers and tea for DD and wasted time on Mnet. Must get out of chair in a minute for a wee and must not return to lap top. grin

BlackeyedSusan England Sat 06-Apr-13 12:27:42

oh damn, you are shaming me to go and sort squalor..

(bye!)

I really should be doing some housework today but as the sun is shining (the first time for several weeks) I am taking the dog for a walk first ! Unfortunately it's when the sun shines that I notice the parts of the houe that need cleaning.

Snoopingforsoup Sat 06-Apr-13 12:13:09

HollyBerry I can't decide if you're Edwina Curry or Anthea Turner grin
wink

None of your houses are as bad as mine. Fact.

Kitchen has been plastered as has parts of living and dining room. Dust is everywhere. I have no working kitchen, electrics are turned off and have an 19 Month old rampaging about. I'm pregnant and have spd so don't feel like doing anything!!!

My house is a nightmare.

raisah Sat 06-Apr-13 11:00:16

Im going home today after a week at my parents so am not looking forward to tackling the house tomorrow. I will add opening the windows & putting bleach down the loo at the start to mrs lettuces instructions. By the time you tackle the bathroom, the loo should be nice & clean. Fresh air circulating while cleaning tricks you into believing everything is lovely & fresh!

ItsAllTLAsToMe Sat 06-Apr-13 10:44:16

I am drying my hair, and trying to chivvy DH and DS out the door before lunchtime (largely through the medium of sending vibes downstairs).

I've had one illness after another for the last month, and I'm monumentally fed up.

Passiveaggressivecakeeater Sat 06-Apr-13 10:34:30

*staying over

Passiveaggressivecakeeater Sat 06-Apr-13 10:34:06

Can I join in the procrastinating? grin

MIL just left after saying over so I have all the sheet changing to do, laundry, sink full of dirty pots... am currently curled up on the sofa with a duvet and 2 cats! Much more appealing!

ItsAllTLAsToMe Sat 06-Apr-13 10:27:34

Ah yes, Holly, I have some wedding presents like that too (including some that we asked for, but haven't used confused).

DH is going to look after DS today, so I can catch up on all things MN house-related.

So far, I have:
Had a bath.

I need to:
Clean / tidy the whole house.

Oh dear.

Alliwantisaroomsomewhere Sat 06-Apr-13 10:26:22

My first 15 minute break turned into half an hour. I will be taking all day at this rate.

Crystal cupboards? Oh dear, my house is a bit more basic than that... toys falling out the understairs cupboard, children's hand smears on the sliding doors, full rubbish bin in kitchen. Oh joy.

difficultpickle Sat 06-Apr-13 09:39:09

I'm rather envious. I'll be running the bisjo taxi service today and all day tomorrow (fortunately usually it is just Saturdays).

HollyBerryBush Sat 06-Apr-13 09:35:10

"crystal cupboards" = full of stuff you got for wedding presents that you never use but daren't throw away!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now