Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To want to smash my telly up during ad breaks on Nick Jr?

(41 Posts)
Minimoog Sat 06-Apr-13 03:02:39

DS likes Peppa Pig and Ben & Holly, (DH & I do too blush ) so I put Nick Jr on at times throughout the day. Apart from Dora The Explorer (AAAGH) I don't have a problem with the programmes, just the sodding adverts!! The ones I find particularly bile-inducing are the ones advertising naff plastic toot toys for little girls that have the nauseating women singing shite over the top of it all! You know the ones, the ads for Barbies (that all do the same thing, hair changes colour but they market them in different outfits to make it look like they're different dolls), etc. Especially La La Loopsies ads. (They're freaky, they all look like Coraline anyway, and that sodding colour change mermaid. KILL IT WITH FIRE).

wanderingcloud Sat 06-Apr-13 03:15:10

Get a lovefilm subscription, as much peppa pig and Ben and Holly as you want, whenever you want and no adverts!

flossymuldoon Sat 06-Apr-13 03:18:40

I wonder if i'm the only one who says this but i love the doll adverts (I find myself singing the La La Loopsy song at various times) and have told DS who's 3 and only just grasped the idea of money that he needs to save his pennies and buy me a La La Loopsy doll grin.

The adverts i do hate are the ones for those shite backpacks and the mini pets. You know, the dogs that walk etc. Also hate the lifelife dolls that pee and drive around on scoooters. YANBU to want to smash the telly up when those adverts come on. I get the same urge.

Minimoog Sat 06-Apr-13 03:30:32

Sounds a good idea Wanderingcloud! grin
Haha Flossy! I can't make that work on DH with a bar of galaxy, so I've no chance with DS! The lifelike Zapf (!) dolls are a pain in the hole. The BabyBorn swimming doll can bloody do one too!

anonymosity Sat 06-Apr-13 04:12:03

There is a mute button on your remote for a reason. That's the only way I get through it...

London2013 Sat 06-Apr-13 08:12:32

I set up series record on Virgin and then ff through the adverts. It's avoided a lot of requests for tat.

EggsMichelle Sat 06-Apr-13 08:22:08

DH had left citv on hmm which is a banned channel in my house due to adverts, I was horrified by the advert shown (and a program about a girls inspiration to be a footballers wife!)

KatyTheCleaningLady Sat 06-Apr-13 08:48:33

Anybody else seen the ad for Poopsy Pets? grin

DuttyWine Sat 06-Apr-13 08:53:07

What's the advert that goes 'hey hey hey la la la (something) girls?" I often find it stuck in my head even though I leave the tv on for dcs while I potter about doing bits of housework rather than sit and watch it!

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Sat 06-Apr-13 09:08:53

Dutty it sounds like bastard la la la loopsy :-( the evil doll.
Other hate figures for me are bastard Lelli Kelly, stompeez (ridiculous, certain to fracture legs through hideous stair falling, slippers) and bastard pillow pets.
And breathe......

VIX1980 Sat 06-Apr-13 09:08:58

Its the lelli kelli ones i hate with a passion.

and also soccer boppers

"soccer bobbers, soc all day, bop all night" hmm My 9 month old could write better lyrics than that!

AndFanjoWasHisNameO Sat 06-Apr-13 09:09:39

No no-it's Moxie girl Dutty angry

HamAlive Sat 06-Apr-13 09:11:55

I hate the fact that the ad breaks are 10 minutes long so I get 10 minutes of "peppa? Yes please! More peppa. Peppa please. PEPPAAAAAAAAAA!"

YANBU... I record them on series link and usually ffwd through the adverts, but I also really hate La la fucking loopsy and her little sisters... and those bloody Lelly Kelly adverts, stupid american tat angry

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Sat 06-Apr-13 09:28:36

I want an inkoo has just been said by dd, even though when it was her b

LovesBeingWokenEveryNight Sat 06-Apr-13 09:29:00

Oops birthday even asked if she wanted one and she didn't.

Hawkmoon269 Sat 06-Apr-13 11:31:47

Sacrifice Peppa Pig for your sanity?! My dc (6 and 1) only watch cbeebies. Or dvd's. My dsd (6) watches all the advert channels at her Mum's house but we have never had them on (and never will). She's never asked for them to be on either!

sneezecakesmum Netherlands Sat 06-Apr-13 11:38:01

CBBC/cbeebies??

fairylightsinthesnow Sat 06-Apr-13 14:24:00

YANBU. we have the same problem. With a few exceptions, DS and DDs favourites are on Nick Jr. Its not so much the content of the ads as the length of the breaks, as someone said upthread, you've told them more Pep and then it doesn't come on. Am loving some of the new Ben and Hollys though smile

fairylightsinthesnow Sat 06-Apr-13 14:24:19

or should that be Hollies?

natwebb79 Sat 06-Apr-13 15:25:46

OP, you have actually pretty much quoted what I say every time those bloody adverts come on! Grrr!

SoWhatIfImWorkingClass Sat 06-Apr-13 20:12:39

That Baby Born doll that swims! Arrrrgh!

raisah Sat 06-Apr-13 21:12:23

La La Loopsies look evil & freaky, whoever designed that are sick and should be shot.

DuttyWine Sun 07-Apr-13 16:15:55

Don't despair too much, dd is 9 tomorrow and announced this morning "mum theses adverts are soooo annoying on these kids channels" unfortunately ds is one so got a bit longer to endure! The worst one was a Barbie one a couple of years back which sang "every girl has fun at Barbie wooooorrrlllld.com!"

Lovecat Sun 07-Apr-13 16:36:16

Hah, just you wait til they discover the Disney XD channel. Every FUCKING programme on it is currently sponsored by Oz the Great & Powerful. If I have to hear that CUNTING monkey say 'of course I like bananas, I'm a monkey!' once more I may have to do serious violence to the TV...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now