Eamon Holmes

(93 Posts)
Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 00:09:21

Anyone else find him mildly offensive and hugely irritating for no apparent reason? Get that patronising 'feel'?

Growlithe Sat 06-Apr-13 13:29:28

I don't watch him on TV. I can't bear his smug face.

Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 14:27:42

Lolling
What does 'yabu' mean?
Wish there was a 'like' button on here!
Exactly as someone else commented... I get a really arrogant and horrible vibe when I watch him. So I don't. I literally find him a turn off!
Ruth seems inoffensive, as said, but terribly dull! Yawn... another reason to turn over...
Or
Off

HairyGrotter Sat 06-Apr-13 14:32:01

He's a fat, arrogant, sexist cunt.

His interview with Selma Hayek was just disrespectful. Vile pig needs putting back in his pen.

Viviennemary Sat 06-Apr-13 14:35:05

I did like him once a long time ago. But now I know what you mean. He's become horrible. And Ruth and him together very annoying. I quite liked Richard & Judy.

cocolepew Sat 06-Apr-13 14:36:25

I had a piss in his bush once.

HairyGrotter Sat 06-Apr-13 14:36:57

I'd like to piss in his mug

mrsjay Sat 06-Apr-13 14:37:27

I love him I love how he gets so pissed of with people he makes me laugh he is a bit thick sometimes but there is more irritating people on telly than eamon

Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 14:41:55

Ha ha ha
I just can't bear to watch Ruth as (not only is she dull) but she doesn't put him straight and sort him out. He'd not last a moment in my house!
Wishing there was a 'like' button for your comments, ladies.
Thing is, I'm wondering what kind of research (nepotism) was carried out on order to put him before an audience largely made up of women- who, presumably, feel pretty much as we do about him!,

Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 14:44:25

Cringing at my typos
Too many to correct

Bumbolina Sat 06-Apr-13 14:59:04

Yabu - you are being unreasonable

However - in this particular thread I believe YANBU grin. I find the man vile.

difficultpickle Sat 06-Apr-13 15:06:03

Which programme was it that he got his lawyers to write to to complain? I'm sure it was either the News Quiz on R4 or HIGHNFY. They were instructed to stop making EH is fat jokes. He is an utter arse.

Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 15:14:35

I'm not bothered by his looks. I just cringe to see him make a poor attempt to floss over rather sexist views and a thinly veiled disinterest in most topics introduced on the program - unless they can be used to mock.
Nuff said.

marjproops Sat 06-Apr-13 17:29:53

bisjo it was the John Culshaw impressions show where JC was mimicing him eating the TM sofas and always eating stuff.

I remember that.

marjproops Sat 06-Apr-13 17:32:09

Hes one of those people that just when i think hes being okay he makes a tw***of himself again and I remember why i cant stand him.

im the same with Roger Federer and Serena Williams!

I dont like the way he patronises the sky news 'wifettes' as he calls them. and ALWAYS interrupting the people hes interviewing.

dont ask a question if you're going to answer it yourself with your own 'im always right' opinion!

Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 17:50:43

Arrogance! V irritating all round. I suppose that hosts and journalists are there to present people and items of real interest and talent. However, celebritydom just makes them think that THEY are 'the interest/ person' worth watching.
TV producers ought to make better choices in their hosting staff, no?

difficultpickle Sat 06-Apr-13 18:10:10

Thanks marjproops just shows he has no sense of humour as he is quick to insult others.

Cailinsalach Sat 06-Apr-13 18:10:59

I met him once. I bumped into him and said hello and had a nice chat. He was lovely and polite and charming. Eamon is an ok bloke.

MrsBazinga Sat 06-Apr-13 18:18:22

He simply makes my skin crawl. Just a look/smirk to camera gives me an innate feeling that he's an arrogant, misogynist arsehole. He may well be lovely in real life, but that's not what my instinct tells me. Switch channels immediately if he's on.

WipsGlitter Sat 06-Apr-13 18:34:44

I've met him. He was genuinely nice, really friendly. As was Ruth.

Mutt Sat 06-Apr-13 18:37:23

He's an annoying twat.

As is his wife.

And they waxed lyrical about the virtues of SWMNBN.

Who is also a twat

<gavel>

MrsDeVere Sat 06-Apr-13 18:45:18

I have found him very insensitive when interviewing bereaved parents.
He always talks about closure and asks them if it isnt about time they moved on.
I heard him make that comment about getting a cab to the woman who was raped.

He is like the Boris Johnson of light entertainment.

He manages to get away with saying obnoxious things because he is a 'lovable buffoon'

I hate the way he talks about his partner. He only ever seems to say unpleasant things about her but as a 'joke' hmm

Wishfulmakeupping Sat 06-Apr-13 18:48:09

I cannot bear him...when people were guessing who urika Johnson was talking about in her book I swore blind it was him

KC225 Sat 06-Apr-13 18:50:26

I like him, I think he's funny and suspect he thinks This Morning is a bit of a joke. I like his on screen relationship with Ruth - they are quite snippy and there is a bit of bickering - reminds me of my marriage

I can't stand him, and due to steroid taking I have a swollen head and look like him.
sad

MrsDeVere Sat 06-Apr-13 18:55:01

wishful he was the first person I thought of too blush. I had no reason to think it. Thats pretty bad isn't it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now