Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Eamon Holmes

(93 Posts)
Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 00:09:21

Anyone else find him mildly offensive and hugely irritating for no apparent reason? Get that patronising 'feel'?

Growlithe Sat 06-Apr-13 01:14:33

He's got a face I would never tire of slapping. And he is an obnoxious Man United fan.

K8Middleton Sat 06-Apr-13 01:18:58

Arf at being Ruth grin

I'd lop off that long bit of hair at the back for a start. It's very ageing.

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 06-Apr-13 01:26:40

He does seem to have a lot of haterz on here, I'm a bit meh about him, though I do think him and Ruth seem to have a good thing going.
They both seem to josh each other on This Morning, I don't think it's just him and they seem to have a very affectionate relationship.
What do I know though, I don't know them?grin

AgentZigzag Sat 06-Apr-13 01:35:53

How can one person can interpret him as having a bit of lighthearted affectionate banter with his wife/co-presenter, and another takes the same as him being an 'obnoxious, arrogant shit bag'?

K8Middleton Sat 06-Apr-13 01:39:34

My opinion is formed on his sexist and disablist comments. Particularly his defence of the R word.

EllenParsons Sat 06-Apr-13 01:58:16

I can't stand him. Get the same vibes as you. Also he was offensive to a rape victim, basically victim blaming and grilling her about why she was walking home, why didn't she think to take a taxi, very patronising, blamey and just shows a typical example of his attitude to women.

SomethingProfound Sat 06-Apr-13 01:58:47

I used to like him, until he said to a rape victim on this morning or gmtv can't remember which that he hoped she would be getting taxis from now on.

He basically told a very brave woman who was taking a stand that it was her own fault she got raped.

He is a sexist arse!

SomethingProfound Sat 06-Apr-13 01:59:17

X post

Panzee Sat 06-Apr-13 02:38:35

This is why: m.youtube.com/watch?v=F4Lav9YpvzA

Watch him hide behind Sarah Cawood when Fathers4Justice invade the TV studio. grin

HollyBerryBush Sat 06-Apr-13 06:28:31

He used to do a day time quiz show. DH was a contestant. Dh said he was the most arrogant twat he's ever met. Rude, abusively so to the camera crew and floor staff, derisory to the contestants, turned up late, hung over (been to see his beloved ManU the night before) held up filming with petty requests.

Thoroughly obnoxious.

I agree, he's a cunt.

This Morning seems to have rather a right wing agenda so I suppose he fits in well with the ethos.

McPheetStink Sat 06-Apr-13 06:41:36

He comes across as rather self important.

stottiecake Sat 06-Apr-13 06:49:17

I didn't really have an opinion about him until I saw an episode of This Morning where he was interviewing a family who's son was 14 but had 'not grown any taller than a toddler' At the end of the interview he asked the 14 year old to sit on his knee and smile at the camera. I couldn't believe what i was seeing. I wish the lad had told him to Feck off

Obnoxious, arrogant, sexist....he's also quite pervy. Whenever there is an attractive young woman involved he perves at them...Uncle Nobby stylee. Don't know how he's allowed to carry on frankly...does he know where the bodies are buried or something?

TwllBach Sat 06-Apr-13 07:29:48

I've just watched the clip grin poor Sarah Cawood - her face at the beginning!

Chipstick10 Sat 06-Apr-13 07:57:16

What I like about him is the way he is the way he is respectful to the general public and not so much to the great and good of the celebrity world. Btw had dealings with him in my job many years ago. Unassuming and polite.

sweetiepie1979 Sat 06-Apr-13 09:28:53

Oh god he drives me mad, I wish Ruth would tell him to fuck off sometimes. He really is obnoxious and fat and horrible and pompous. I wish this morning was as good ascot use to be.

Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 10:11:58

Lolling my socks off at your responses!
By the way, what DOES 'yabu' or whatever mean?
Ruth's hair - feel sorry for her. Can't be real. My
M wears a wig for serious medical condition. My mum's is far more realistic. You'd think Ruth would get better style advice. I'd not comment if she was a talented presenter but IMO, she's dull and wall flowery (on screen, at least)! I like to take celebrities for their talent. But Eamonn (double 'n' this time - soz E!) has no obvious talent other than to embarrass his wife and irritate me to the point of switching channels.
Richard was far too vain and haughty (came across as such) but at least had the ability to hold an intelligent conversation. Big E has neither intellect (none apparent) nor a humour I appreciate.
Aren't I a miserable xxx this morning!
Lol

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sat 06-Apr-13 10:31:00

I think he is like many men of his generation and older. Apprently harmless, albeit a bit crass, but would be the type,to send you a racist or sexist round-robin "funny" email.

Chipstick10 Sat 06-Apr-13 10:45:40

Does Ruth wear a wig?shock. I don't think she does as when she has her hair dyed you can see the colour fade.

Panzee Sat 06-Apr-13 10:47:27

It could be like Terry Wogan's three wigs to pretend his hair's growing. Just dyed, bedded in and roots need doing. smile

Mummyoftheyear Sat 06-Apr-13 12:37:24

Lolling

Rindercella Sat 06-Apr-13 12:47:54

I'm with Tethers on this. The man's a cunt.

RedHelenB Sat 06-Apr-13 13:15:50

He was a right tight arse on The Apprentice when they asked him for something for the charity auction - can't stand the man!

countrykitten Sat 06-Apr-13 13:24:49

If you all hate him why do you watch him on the tv?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now