To really HATE (yes, hate) David Cameron?

(99 Posts)
vivizone Fri 05-Apr-13 17:39:16

Hate is such a strong emotion but it's the only thing I feel for him. Charmless, idiotic bastard. But hey, him and his family are alright. Must be lovely not to worry about keeping your kids warm eh Dave?

I absolutely hate him.

www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013/apr/05/pm-osborne-linking-philpott-welfare
PM backs Osborne over comments linking Philpott case to welfare
David Cameron says chancellor is right to question role of welfare in 'subsidising lifestyles' such as Mike Philpott's

marjproops Fri 05-Apr-13 20:11:15

and what lapsedsays about the disabled...and heres one disabled hand going up.

LilyLovesRoses Fri 05-Apr-13 20:22:44

labour are beggared until the get an identity imo.

I very much hope Labour never get into power again.

ouryve Fri 05-Apr-13 20:24:59

Cameron is a disingenuous twit who has worked rather too hard on perfecting the obviously fake sincerity. He would be laughable if he didn't have so much power with so little mandate. The people he's surrounded himself with as his cabinet are no better. For the millions of pounds that have collectively been spent on their education, most of them come across as pretty dim. I sometimes think that Spitting image ought to be revived, but then the realisation that they're such caricatures of themselves already kicks in - no Spitting Image required.

I have mixed feelings about some of the current Labour front bench. Not about David Milliband not being voted leader, though. Labour needed to move to the left. They still need to move to the left. I also think they need to find a pro-active voice instead of always being on the defensive and relying on the sharp wit of activists to fight their corner.

ediblewoman Fri 05-Apr-13 20:45:29

Flatpack, most politicians are so unreasonable that surely this topic is

ediblewoman Fri 05-Apr-13 20:45:49

Oops, perfect

Chipstick10 Fri 05-Apr-13 20:46:49

I would put a bet on a few millionaires in the shadow cabinet. Ed mill for starters. Harriet harperson definitely, maybe balls and his mrs combined.

sansastark Fri 05-Apr-13 20:50:18

The best thing I can find to say about David F**king Cameron is that he isn't George F**king Osborne.

But no, I quite agree, I have never hated a political leader more in all my life (and I'm old enough to have experienced four of them :-)

Viviennemary Fri 05-Apr-13 21:33:58

Hariet Harman is from one of the wealthiest families in the land. Which is why she hasn't a clue about ordinary people and is full of pie in the sky theories. Why on earth do Labour have these people in such important positions if they want to be taken seriously.

GrowSomeCress Fri 05-Apr-13 21:37:37

But remember Vivienne she's not an evil tory scum murderer or whatever grin

marjproops Fri 05-Apr-13 21:40:48

Im not really clued up on the integrity of the people Im going to mention but labour....wasnt it about the working man?

was it (forgive my complete denseness, this was childhood and politics wernt uppermost in mind as a child!) the likes of Arthur Scargill, (thats the only one i remember) and the miners etc etc and he knew what it was like?

please someone educate me on past politics.! Wilson?

and would you say maybe Churchill (the man not the dog!) was possibly the best pM ever? I dont know what Im talking about BTW confused

StephaniePowers Fri 05-Apr-13 21:45:34

I'm not naive enough to think that there was really, truly some sort of 'golden era' of perfectly decent and honourable politicians, but wtf is going on when all those in power so beautifully represent the demographic of the super rich, AND bring in policies which can only benefit those super rich? And are SO lamentably undertrained in real life? Not party specific, it's just that this govt is ALSO running a campaign to utterly disempower the non-wealthy and make the middlingly wealthy just grateful not to be too hard done by.

I lost faith in Labour a long time ago, so I have almost no time for them either though Helen Goodman could win my vote for seeing how the other half live.

Viviennemary Fri 05-Apr-13 21:48:16

I just looked her up. Two of her children went to selective schools. I find this kind of pathetic hypocrisy in Labour politicians really sickening. I think she is the politican I most dislike.

But that dreadful Hazel Blears who maximised to the greatest benefit her housing arrangements. Buying and selling to gain public money. And Jacquie of the living in the spare room of her sisters house fame. They are greedy people. And should have been slung out of the Labour party. But they were not. Says montains.

Viviennemary Fri 05-Apr-13 21:49:38

'mountains'!

itsnothingoriginal Fri 05-Apr-13 21:50:24

YANBU but I detest Osbourne and Gove more.

It's repulsive what they are doing to divide the country at the moment and pick on vulnerable groups of people to take out the mistakes of the wealthy on. I see first hand what damage cuts are doing to people in real need.

I genuinely don't know how they sleep at night but I know they will find many ways to justify their actions.

countrykitten Fri 05-Apr-13 21:56:00

Why is is hypocritical of Labour politicians to send their kids to selective schools?

YellowandGreenandRedandBlue Fri 05-Apr-13 21:57:05

With Labour 10 points ahead in the polls and a >10% showing for UKIP, I can't see any factual basis for the claim made upthread that 'Labour won't win' - if the election were tomorrow they would have a very big majority.

StephaniePowers - that just sums up the tragedy. ALL politicians seem to be cut from the same cloth nowadays.

So many MPs their families and their entire peer group (Tory, Liberal AND Labour) NEVER use the public services and public sector infrastructure that the vast majority of us depend on, such as the NHS, state schools, public transport, public libraries, local post offices, Council-run leisure facilities (such as swimming pools, gyms, sports clubs for youngsters) and no-one else within their orbit does either.

They don't know anyone who is 50+, long-term unemployed following redundancy and facing a life on the scrap heap because employers won't even consider you. All their jobs are obtained through the Old Boy network. They aren't trying to live on £53 per week Carer's allowance while they look after elderly or disabled relatives. They can buy in care.

They ALL have private health insurance, use private schools and healthclubs and drive (or are driven) everywhere. They can buy books instead of borrowing them and have internet acess at home.

How many of them have ever had to battle with an inefficient underfunded Inland Revenue, CSA or Benefits Agency themselves, rather than pay others (accountants, lawyers) to sort out their financial and legal affairs? Or been completely dependent on public transport to get to a Post Office to cash their pensions or giros?

limitedperiodonly Fri 05-Apr-13 22:23:38

Currently I hate Ian Duncan-Smith most and that's going to last for some time.

They're followed in descending order of hatefulness by:

Gideon
Dave/Boris
Shapps
May
Lansley/Pickles
Soubry
Various faceless expenses fiddlers

GrowSomeCress Fri 05-Apr-13 22:27:27

countrykitten because some of them complain that private schools are terribible because they give privileged people unfair advantages

but it's okay for their own children grin

GrowSomeCress Fri 05-Apr-13 22:28:19

oops sorry countrykitten, read private schools somehow rather than selective schools! similar response could stand, but probably not to the same extent

magimedi Fri 05-Apr-13 22:28:34

I am guilty of the 'not having read the whole thread' sin.

YANBU to hate Dave - but I am old & please reserve some of your hatred for the one who was the worst of all - Maggie.

GrowSomeCress Fri 05-Apr-13 22:28:43

also not sure how I ended up with "terribible" grin

Clawdy Fri 05-Apr-13 22:29:31

It's that puffy plump self-satisfied face.....

countrykitten Fri 05-Apr-13 22:30:47

Ok but that's not Labour party policy is it? Not heard them raging against private schools lately....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now