to think he could have helped

(26 Posts)
pukka84 Fri 05-Apr-13 07:10:27

So today I am taking our 3 dc on holiday. 9, 7 and 6 months. Dh joining us monday eve as can't get day off work.
I spent last night finishing off packing, sorting some admin and putting dc to bed. Dd 3 didn't settle till 10pm and I eventually hit sack at 11pm.
Dh didn't even think carry suitcase I left at top of stairs down. So I am now having to load the car myself too.
Now I know I couold have been direct and asked for help but Aibu to think he could have actually offered or just got off his backside and helped.
Just got downstairs and found he didn't even put dishwashe on when he finished his dinner.
Sorry have to vent.

Iaintdunnuffink Fri 05-Apr-13 23:16:07

I know when I'm going on holiday then work backwards from there. I plan and work out what needs to be done and when. Then make sure it does all get done. I can do all this working with, or without another adult. It's almost like I'm self-sufficient.

My husband has the same basic skills, so we work around each other and both do things to get out the house and into the car, with everything we need. He could do it all without me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now