Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To start another thread about inappropriate parking?

(16 Posts)
MammaTJ Fri 05-Apr-13 09:28:59

The car should not have been in that space but he is not the one responsible for having done that.

From what I saw on TV this morning, it was an unmarked police car, so it would have been a police officer driving it.

dropdeaddivalover Fri 05-Apr-13 09:18:33

Regardless of whether he asked for his driver to move car and park in disabled bay is in my books irrelevant. The car should not have been parked in space full stop.
As a Govt minister and one that wants to squeeze 20 percent of DLA applicants out of money (when only 2.5 percent fraud) I think we should quite literally throw the book at him and publically shame him for doing something wrong.
And i don't care if he was only being picked up car should not be parked in disabled bay for his convenience.

<<<<jumps down off really high chair>>> smile

chris481 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:14:01

"Mans a tit ........but parking in a disabled parking space is hardly the worst of his 'crimes'"

Do you think George specifically told the police driver to go park in a disabled bay, when George left the car, before it was parked?

kim147 Fri 05-Apr-13 08:10:02

Bollocks - you beat me to it. Just noticed it on FB grin

Just imagine if he'd parked in a Parent and child space.

MammaTJ Fri 05-Apr-13 08:08:24

I am not a fan of his BUT he wasn't the one driving. Had he had a drink and got in the car, it would not be him being breathalised. The car was parked in a normal spot and moved to the disabled bay while he was in Macdonalds. He just got in it.

theodora I love your description of the Mirror smile

maddening Fri 05-Apr-13 08:00:51

Should someone who lacks such observational powers be driving or indeed in government?

fluffyraggies Fri 05-Apr-13 07:57:41

He claims 'not to have realised the car was in a disabled bay' apparently.

hmm

What a twat. It would have been better to have simply owned up and apologised. Like i teach my kids to when they have done wrong.

theodorakisses Fri 05-Apr-13 07:26:10

never seen the mirror before, it's like a baby born out of wedlock with the Daily Mail as the mother and the guardian as the father. Do people actually read that??

SparklyAntlersInMyDecorating Thu 04-Apr-13 23:57:47

thank you smile Nice to know he always leads by example.

poppypebble Thu 04-Apr-13 23:19:30

I like your style, Sparkly smile

SparklyAntlersInMyDecorating Thu 04-Apr-13 23:16:34

It certainly raises questions about whether it is appropriate for lifestyles like his to be funded by the taxpayer.

AudrinaAdare Thu 04-Apr-13 23:02:02

Vile and entitled scumbag.

poppypebble Thu 04-Apr-13 22:57:36

I do think it is indicative of his mindset.

SodaStreamy Thu 04-Apr-13 22:53:13

Mans a tit ........but parking in a disabled parking space is hardly the worst of his 'crimes'

poppypebble Thu 04-Apr-13 22:48:37

Link to Mirror

This just came up in my facebook newsfeed and knowing how much AIBU enjoys a good disabled parking thread I just had to share.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now