Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

another lady garden thread! wax, shave, trim or nowt?

(140 Posts)
Buddhagirl Thu 04-Apr-13 21:49:56

I've-always- wanted a large number of people to answer this question./weird. Just don't know what's 'normal'.

Trim for me, wax is just annoying, shaving is itchy and scratchy and natural is apparently not socially acceptable :-\

Completely as nature intended here.

countrykitten Sat 06-Apr-13 13:09:52

He is 44 btw.

countrykitten Sat 06-Apr-13 13:09:39

My dh trims too to keep it all neat.

BinksToEnlightenment Sat 06-Apr-13 12:53:36

I know someone who shaves himself in a nice V!

And I hear ball waxing is very popular. Although logistically confusing to me! Must take a lot of stretching!

5eggstremelychocaletymadeggs Sat 06-Apr-13 12:53:29

My dp is 35 almost 36 and he trims his pubes with clippers. Tbh I a, not bothered but it looks neater, I trim myself as well.

And I know a couple of other blocked that do as well, but its not something that comes up in conversation tbh.

MechanicalTheatre Sat 06-Apr-13 12:47:21

Binks, totally disagree, I know very few men who trim.

countrykitten Sat 06-Apr-13 12:45:03

So Buddahgirl why is it so 'great' that some random internet men approve of you not trimming your bush? Ridiculous.

Alisvolatpropiis Sat 06-Apr-13 12:44:45

Wax - Hollywood.

countrykitten Sat 06-Apr-13 12:43:58

Interesting that the 'natural' brigade are are so thrilled when men say they prefer the natural look and yet will have a go at the women who shave and say they are doing it just for for men....double standards and a bit pathetic.

Buddhagirl Sat 06-Apr-13 12:21:32

Yeah it's great the men have generally said they prefer the natural look. Its like being skinny, women generally think it's hot, men think it's better to have curves.

PenelopePortrait Sat 06-Apr-13 11:33:35

My DS (19) does prune and DH just cannot understand it! He is completely mystified smile

IsaacCox Sat 06-Apr-13 11:27:55

My dh is under 35 and doesn't do pube pruning.

Bunbaker Sat 06-Apr-13 11:24:51

It is interesting that the few posts on here from males have expressed a preference for the more natural look.

Buddhagirl Sat 06-Apr-13 11:15:11

Agreed Binks

BinksToEnlightenment Sat 06-Apr-13 10:11:12

I can verify that most guys under the age of 35 are doing pube pruning.

I know it's horses for courses but I've always thought the trimmed short style looks kind of stubbly confused

sonofzod Sat 06-Apr-13 06:08:44

from a guys perspective I prefer it looking natural, not like Don King in a headlock but not looking like Kojacks head either..

just a bit of a tidy up so it isn't like a amazon rainforest is more than acceptable

jinsymaw Sat 06-Apr-13 01:27:56

If you ever get that pimply, angry, plucked chicken effect after shaving then I have the product for you. It's NAds, yes you heard right, Nads IN Growth solution. Stings like a bitch when sprayed on but the effect is peachy.

littlepeas Sat 06-Apr-13 00:03:15

I've been with my dh for ages and long before the bare foof thing took off. I had a boyfriend shortly before dh who 'educated' me regarding this and once shaved it all off for me! Before that I had barely given it any thought. I like it very closely trimmed all over, but often let it grow longer. Dh has never stated a preference! I am 30.

Bartlebee Fri 05-Apr-13 23:39:00

Oops, waxing is the only thing that works for me.

Dh trims his with electric clippers.

Bartlebee Fri 05-Apr-13 23:38:03

If I shaved mine, it would be stubbly within hours. Wax

flounderscominghome Fri 05-Apr-13 23:31:52

shave everything except for a landing strip.
use to wax (still with a landing strip) but hated the waiting till the next appt.
i've never asked DP if he likes it and it has been in the same style since we got together.

jinsymaw Fri 05-Apr-13 22:23:23

It's funny that fashion through the ages also apply to down there. Am I wrong in thinking that ladies would wear wear a mirkin, shudders,
hundreds of years ago. Then 70 s and 80s gorilla style. Now it's strip landings or bald eagle!

marmite69 Fri 05-Apr-13 21:10:03

juniper9 I think our dps are related!

ifancyashandy Fri 05-Apr-13 20:58:03

What DonDraper said. It is not more hygienic. Strangely, the human body is designed to work and if we didn't need pubic hair to keep the nasties out of the orifices, evolution would have out paid to it!

That said, I like to shave underneath and the sides into a triangle. Good for head sex in my experience and looks better in thongs etc.

But if I was au naturel & a man got freaked out by my pubes, then he ain't man enough for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now