.....to be angry that my body is doing this at 37?

(97 Posts)
sunshine75 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:23:43

Okay....37 is getting on a bit but it's not like properly old. I can accept the following:
1. A few grey hairs
2. Some wrinkles
3. Harder to lose weight.

However, I am mightly fucked off at the following and ask you mumsnetters out there if this is normal?

1. My PMT is getting worse. I'm really angry and irritated by everyone/everything for at least 5 days per month.

2.Seriously, I am sweatier and my sweat smells much worse than it used to. I really stink after hard exercise (and I'm sure I used to be able to go running and then to the pub afterwards without going home first)

3. Hairs - where have they come from? They are everywhere. Chin and pubes are the worst. It's grim and I can't keep on top of them.

Is this the downward slide to stinking of piss and having a beard? FFS, I'm only 37.

SinisterBuggyMonth Thu 04-Apr-13 23:14:47

I used too have geasy skin and spots. I longed for drier skin, that didn't look like I'd put my face in a chip pan by the end of day. Now I have big patches off uncomfortable dry skin around my eyes and mouth. And roseacre. And I still have the greasy skin and spots. I'm 37. When do spots stop?

the spots seem too be getting adventurous and enjoy sprouting up in places they've never been before. I've got one on my lip at the moment, not the edge of my lip, my ACTUAL LIP!

My theory is my body is shell shocked by the lack of sleep since my DS was born it is doing all it can to make me as physically unattractive as possible to limit the chance off me ever getting shagged pregnant again

FrantasticO Thu 04-Apr-13 23:21:29

I don't have the above yet, but have been having night sweats for 6 months...miserable and interrupts sleepsad
Freezing during the day and boiling at night.

Not had a baby recently and not pregnant.

Didn't expect this in my 30s!

Any advice? Please??

twentythirteen Thu 04-Apr-13 23:23:54

Do you remember your first chin hair? I remember sitting in a meeting playing with what felt like a weird little spot, only I could not remove it. Got out of the meeting and forgot about it. Repeated this process several times before finally leaving the meeting one day to go and look in the mirror. I was floored. Around the same time a little beauty mole on my lower cheek (face!) began to also sprout a wiry hair.

EnidRollins Fri 05-Apr-13 00:29:38

Never, never had a chin hair or any rogue or grey hair even for that matter, yet. Think I might cry when I do, this thread is making me depressed! grin
35 (soon to be 36) and nope, none of them are happening to me for a LONG time yet!! hopeful

AvrilPoisson Fri 05-Apr-13 00:35:29

NO chin hair yet (thank goodness) but I have gone more moley hmm and have developed PMS following 3rd pg. skin has become really dry and sensitive.

Started going grey at 18 though.

AvrilPoisson Fri 05-Apr-13 00:35:52

doh- am 38.

NightmareSpoon Fri 05-Apr-13 01:15:14

I'm 37 and yes my PMT is bloody awful. My boobs ache for about a week and I get headaches too.

I don't have any grey hairs yet, and certainly no noticeable hairs where they shouldn't be (that's one advantage of having very fine hair I suppose).

My main complaint is the weight thing and a slight double chin which appears when looking down which I hate (I'm a size 12 so not that fat sad )

sydlexic Fri 05-Apr-13 01:32:48

I feel better now, I am 51 regular periods a few grey hairs and eyesight not what it was.

whethergirl Fri 05-Apr-13 01:46:55

Bad back
Hair everywhere
2nd chin emerging
Grey ones on my fucking fanjo
Evil, heavy periods - last one was 2 wks late and lasted 16 days
Skin tags on my armpits
Diet proof

I'm 40. Hurrah.

But, funny enough, happier about how I look than when I was 25 and gorgeous!

whethergirl Fri 05-Apr-13 01:47:53

That's grey hairs on my fucking fanjo. Just to be clear.

whethergirl Fri 05-Apr-13 01:49:42

If Carlsberg did dating ads....

whethergirl Fri 05-Apr-13 01:50:38

FrantasticO - I've had this too. It's either due to hormonal changes or can also be caused by some medication.

FrantasticO Fri 05-Apr-13 03:50:27

Thanks whethergirl.
Not on any meds so that's not causing night sweats (up just now!)
Will maybe see the gp?

The joys of old age in our 30s and 40s

Look forward to the rest of the treasures mentioned up thread!

Laughing at carlsberg!

stressyBessy22 Fri 05-Apr-13 03:56:05

i am nearly 45 and have none ou those things yet not even a single grey hair

alwayslateforwork Fri 05-Apr-13 04:04:15

Raging pmt like I want to kill people.
Boils. Not just acne. These fuckers are huge, hurt like hell, and are impossible to squeeze. And they leave rock hard scar like lumps if you try.

I'm ignoring the BO and the grey pubes. And the fat belt.

Well, I'm trying to.

I'm even toying with the idea of goddamn evening primrose oil.

MorrisZapp Fri 05-Apr-13 04:09:00

What about ridiculously hard skin on feet? I've been eyeing up a JML sanding device.

alwayslateforwork Fri 05-Apr-13 04:44:43

Dunno morris. I can barely reach my feet these days. wink

Do they come with extendable handles? <considers mobile chiropodist>

weegiemum Fri 05-Apr-13 05:29:04

I'm 42.

Going grey (all my family do/did) but the positive thing has been that despite a harier chin, I seem to not grow leg or underarm hair any more.

About 2 years ago I realised I wasn't having monster pmt any more - about the same time as I realised I wasn't having periods either. Turns out I've had a prem menopause, which is fine by me, I wasn't planning on using my womb again anyway!

BookieMonster Fri 05-Apr-13 06:39:37

Excess sweating
Night sweats and hot flushes
Irregular periods
Flooding (TMI)
Grey hair
Seriously bad PMT angry angry
Weight gain on my tummy (I used to have a waist!!!)
General aches and pains
I'm only 38!!!! angry
I'm certain that I am perimenopausal, though.

sunshine75 Fri 05-Apr-13 07:09:24

This really is hilarious. I'm so glad it happens to all of us and there isn't a troll in sight claiming to be a serene, rose smelling, hairless goddess.

Bunfags Fri 05-Apr-13 07:52:21

I'm 36 and have all of these things. Does anyonen know if the worsening of PMT means that we are going through the peri-menopause?

I found that my metabolism suddenly slowed right down when I hit 30. Seriously, it happened over night! Having very dark hair means that I have always had problems with the tash and stray chin hairs, but these days it's my pube area that irks me most. It's like an enchanted forest, but waxing helps!

It's a pity that only now, do I appreciate what an attractive women I was in my younger days.

MinnieBar Fri 05-Apr-13 08:00:21

I'm on the sodding Mirena coil and my PMT is getting worse - I'm not even meant to be ovulating FFS hmm

Oh dear, this wasn't the best thread to read first thing in the morning… wink

allbie Fri 05-Apr-13 10:04:22

Nearly 42. My main dilemma is I'm finding grey hairs. I have decided not to dye but to embrace them. I feel sure my grey hair will help me become the over-opinionated old bag I want to be. And yes, those sneaky chin hairs that are a foot long by the time you find them!!! I have told my DC to please pluck my chin hairs when they stick me away in some home...not much to ask?

soverylucky Fri 05-Apr-13 10:23:10

The sweating - you MUST GET DRICLOR!!!!!!! It has changed my life - it really has. It is expensive but my god it works. Read the reviews on-line.

As for everything else - I can't help you. When I am naked I look like Mr Tumnus - the fawn/man thing in Narnia.

Frizzbonce Fri 05-Apr-13 10:34:26

PMT - I know my period is due because I feel absolutely miserable.
Hideous pube like hair twirling out of my face.
Stomach like half risen bread despite yoga
Beige-ness. Red hair going beige and face going beige
Sore tingling norks for no apparent reason
Getting harder to lose weight
Sudden rage when DP makes idle comments about women

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now