Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To wonder what happened in the house thread?

(105 Posts)
VIX1980 Thu 04-Apr-13 19:52:15

Its the 1st one i was reading that got deleted, i got up to page 7 and it wasnt going well then but what happened.

Sorry if this is a thread about a thread and im not meant to post it, i still dont know when im allowed to post and not??

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Thu 04-Apr-13 19:55:30

You should change your settings so you get everything on one page.

I'm not sure what happened, maybe the OP was bullshitting us?

fluffyraggies Thu 04-Apr-13 19:57:16

I was just wondering the same thing!

Can you tell us MNHQ?

OzmaofOz Thu 04-Apr-13 19:57:27

Aw man, the haunted house one ? I was lurking on that. It has disappeared from my watching list so I am guessing it was a wind up.

fluffyraggies Thu 04-Apr-13 19:57:58

I was up to date with the thread - till about 20 mins ago.

OzmaofOz Thu 04-Apr-13 19:58:37

Did you read the bit where the op came back and said the vicar didn't think he could deal with the ghost himself ?

VitoCorleone Thu 04-Apr-13 19:59:33

I was just reading that and only got to page 3. I want to know what happened as ive had some strange issues with my own house!

whatsleep Thu 04-Apr-13 19:59:57

OP wasn't really on the post much. Probably because it turned into a bit of a bun fight as to weather wooooo things exist or not!

whatsleep Thu 04-Apr-13 20:01:11

OP didn't come back after posting about the vicars reaction.

CarpeVinum Thu 04-Apr-13 20:02:08

I was getting a bit hmm to be honest what with the theatrical vicar. Could happen...but...just such a terribly unhappy coincidence to find the rare vicar who would pull a stunt like that given the circs.

Oh well. Still an interesting thread and I feel a lot happier thinking there isn't a terrifeid 7 year old out there being fed more fear by her now very tense parents.

VIX1980 Thu 04-Apr-13 20:04:16

I did feel it was a bit weird the vicar called and said he couldnt do anything...ah well never mind

MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 04-Apr-13 20:04:18

The deletion message from MNHQ says it was deleted for hmm reasons.

It actually says that and I agree with them fwiw.

VitoCorleone Thu 04-Apr-13 20:04:47

It was deleted because the vicar couldnt deal with the ghost?

HungryClocksGoBackFourSeconds Thu 04-Apr-13 20:05:45

but does hmm mean they thought it was a wind up, or they thought the posters were being hmm?

OzmaofOz Thu 04-Apr-13 20:06:41

Yes it was getting a bit hmm.

OzmaofOz Thu 04-Apr-13 20:07:01

I think it was a wind up hmm

CarpeVinum Thu 04-Apr-13 20:07:13

Probably because it turned into a bit of a bun fight as to weather wooooo things exist or not!

If that hit the bun fight cieling for deletion then I'd expect 90% of AIBU to die an early death.

There were no deletions for personal attacks etc. Just people in the main vigerously arguing the toss with random strangers on the internet debating and making their points.

OzmaofOz Thu 04-Apr-13 20:09:30

Yes it was pretty tame as far as bunfights go.

HoldMeCloserTonyDanza Thu 04-Apr-13 20:11:02

I commented right before it was deleted.

It was bullshit. Vicars don't behave like that.

Shouting at ghosts, freaking parishioners out, saying they 'can't take on the force', suggesting calling Catholics.

It was nonsense. Bad creative writing.

ckwkatie Thu 04-Apr-13 20:11:04

The minute she said the vicar started arguing with the ghost and would have to call on a Carholic Exorcist, I became defo hmm

ckwkatie Thu 04-Apr-13 20:11:44

Catholic*

MandragoraWurzelstock Thu 04-Apr-13 20:12:11

I don't know what it means, I wondered the same thing, but tbh it was blatantly bullshite from the start and they probably could see it was from someone who had form.

CarpeVinum Thu 04-Apr-13 20:18:50

I think though considering it didn't have masses of deletions and wasn't a huge train wreck it would have been nicer (from my "I haven't finished arguing yet" POV) to stick in a mumsnet alert of the "the OP was on a bit of wind up here folks" variety so people don't worry about the state of the OP's mind and her kid...and let the sub argements people were making carry on.

Or some people could end up all with no engrossing thread to play on before they were ready to let it go.

Which is a bit unfair when their DH is hogging the telly and they had got all invested in a thread.

Ahem MNHQ! May the ghost of the deleted thread haunt your communal gin bottle in revenge for leaving me at a loose end!!

<immagines Olivia organising an emergency exorsim of MHNQ liquid life force>

RafflesWay Thu 04-Apr-13 20:24:15

I didn't even read the original thread but these posts are hilarious. I obviously missed a treat with the mad vicar!

VitoCorleone Thu 04-Apr-13 20:24:17

Damn why didnt i get as far as the vicar arguing with a ghost and telling her to call in the catholics?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now