to think that this mother is not feeding her children properly

(128 Posts)
dizzyhoneybee Wed 03-Apr-13 16:27:35

I was doing my supermarket shopping today and saw this woman in the ASDA café when I was having my coffee, her son was eating the most massive plate of fish and chips that I have ever seen.
Honestly, does she want him to end up obese or something?!

dizzyhoneybee Thu 04-Apr-13 14:28:52

Gabsid, I know grin It was a joke thread...

gabsid Thu 04-Apr-13 14:23:22

You saw a kid eating a large plate of fish and chips .... and? So the kid wasn't obese, and the mum? Did they shop for lots of junk and fish & chips ...?

DC eating large plate of fish and chips isn't really enough make any judgements about their eating habits.

toffeelolly Thu 04-Apr-13 14:11:32

Having fish and chips tonight yumwink

dizzyhoneybee Thu 04-Apr-13 10:41:54

I think we'll have to have fish for tea tonight, I've got some cod in the fridge and will pop to the F&C shop for the chips grin

Sparklingpeaceandlovebrook Wed 03-Apr-13 22:40:09

Yes! Thanks bunnies. DS1 though so too. grin

b4bunnies Wed 03-Apr-13 22:18:17

i had fish and chips in asda cafe last friday and it was exceptionally good.

apostropheuse Wed 03-Apr-13 22:16:20

I'm so hungry my stomach thinks my throat's been cut and you lot are discussing fish and chips.

Nice.

That is all.

Sparklingpeaceandlovebrook Wed 03-Apr-13 22:11:26

grin We have 2 episodes on the planner unwatched Kaster. I am leaving well alone.

Kasterborous Wed 03-Apr-13 22:09:44

Should say gave him a hankering not have.

Kasterborous Wed 03-Apr-13 22:08:54

Sparklingbrook your DS must have been watching Robson Greens extreme fishing and it have him a hankering for fish and chips grin unless you deleted it by accident .

dizzyhoneybee Wed 03-Apr-13 21:07:59

OK....I was being naughty smile I felt like a bit of fun after starting a diet today.....
I'll award myself a biscuit and a slap on the wrist grin

dizzyhoneybee Wed 03-Apr-13 21:03:07

Sparkling, yes the very same. Honestly you should have seen the state of the woman grin and don't get me started on her children grin

WestieMamma Wed 03-Apr-13 19:30:18

You're all a bloody disgrace. Especially KateSMN with her picture. This is Mumsnet, there's pregnant ladies here, and some ie me don't live in the UK and are deprived of proper fish 'n' chips.

I hate you all.

jennywren45 Wed 03-Apr-13 18:59:14

Ooh, fish and chips? Yum * grabs coat*

SamuelWestsMistress Wed 03-Apr-13 18:58:01

My eldest son is 7. He eats normal portions at home (hes a skinny little thing) but on the occasions we go out he REALLY enjoys himself. He'll quite easily manage the full three courses, its very impressive!

rhondajean Wed 03-Apr-13 18:52:09

You are all bu. the biggest and best fish and chips for a fiver are found in sainsburys.

Fact.

thegreylady Wed 03-Apr-13 18:47:50

By the way Morrisons sell the biggest plate of fish and chips ever and they are lovely.I can't resist chips.I was once walking past a group of teenage boys in Shrewsbury.I was aged 67 and with a friend-the boys were eating chips.I couldn't stop myself asking for a chip blush and you know what every one of them [aged 15/16 at a guess] offered me a chip smile

Bunbaker Wed 03-Apr-13 18:45:48

At home I make DD eat a balanced meal. On the odd occasion that we eat out I let her have what she wants as we don't eat rubbish at home.

toffeelolly Wed 03-Apr-13 18:44:05

So what ! Do not see the problem.

BurningBridges thanks Sparkling for the advice about going straight to the chip shop. All answers lie therein.

TotallyBursar Wed 03-Apr-13 18:29:51

After KateSMN first post I have only one thing to say.

"TAXIII. Tell me driver, do you know of this magical place in Harrow, fish as long as your arm, chips in a glistening, golden mound, a veritable cascade of verdant green peas evoking memories of lush summer fields, a wedge of lemon like the setting Sun? You have heard of this Valhalla?! Well then take me there & I shall give thee an extra shilling'

<daydreams happily...looks at chicken & salad dinner, weeps>

You can all judge me - I let the dc have free reign at the pick n mix at the cinema - youngest ate a fistfull of white choc buttons with sprinkles right from the drawer - I hadn't paid & I'm not sorry. So there.

wintertimeisfun Wed 03-Apr-13 18:28:46

you sound like an oppinionated knob tbh. feel sorry for your kids assuming you have your own. do you feed them lettuce and ban all things nice

...and mushy peas. grin

mmmm fish and chips.

As soon as Ds1's arrived I knew I should have had the same MrsH. I had a cupcake and a cup of tea then a bowl of chips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now