to think that this mother is not feeding her children properly

(128 Posts)
dizzyhoneybee Wed 03-Apr-13 16:27:35

I was doing my supermarket shopping today and saw this woman in the ASDA café when I was having my coffee, her son was eating the most massive plate of fish and chips that I have ever seen.
Honestly, does she want him to end up obese or something?!

I stayed at home ill today and saw a mum walk past my window with a pushchair which is fine but she had this look on her face, like 'I'm having a really nice day' and I was just RAGING at the audacity of it!

So I know how you feel OP.

Sugarice Wed 03-Apr-13 16:48:43

Silly OP!

There is nothing wrong with a plate of fish and chips.

You know nothing of his regular diet, his circumstances about why he was having that or sweet Fanny Adam.

I hope he tucked in and licked his plate too!

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Wed 03-Apr-13 16:49:00

If this thread has achieved one thing, it's pointed out how many people don't read the whole thread before commenting! grin

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 16:49:02

And we didn't save a table. wink

I am really heartened by the supportive posts about Fish and Chips being fine by the way, even though it came across as the sort of bonkers AIBU we usually get, nobody thought I was out of order.

JollyPurpleGiant Wed 03-Apr-13 16:49:11

My 23mo can eat 6 fish fingers in one sitting.

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 16:50:10

Ooh a fish finger and mayo butty Jolly. Fab. Could just eat one.

sweetiepie1979 Wed 03-Apr-13 16:50:33

Could this be one of those trolls? Because it doesn't seem right.

thebody Wed 03-Apr-13 16:51:42

Oh fuckinell sparkling, was on a diet and now need a massive plate of fish and chips.

BumpingFuglies Wed 03-Apr-13 16:51:59

Was it COD? grin

wink

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 16:52:09

No dizzy isn't a troll sweetie. just naughty.

Owllady Wed 03-Apr-13 16:53:06

well as it was asda it was most probably white maned horse instead of actual fish, as i hear their flesh is pure and white like the driven snow

either that or it was lively bred silver goldfish

Lucyellensmum95 Wed 03-Apr-13 16:53:38

I better she was hogging the comfy chairs too wasnt she? The cah

KateSMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 03-Apr-13 16:54:02

Naughty in a good way! smile

It's taking my mind off the depressing areas of MN...I really shouldn't go near the relationships board when I'm already ill, it makes humans look bad hmm aha

I'm eating a lindt chocolate bunny for my lunch. 99c at the pharmacie on sale. <surveys lardy arse>

BumpingFuglies Wed 03-Apr-13 16:55:29

Kate that's just wrong, will no-one think of the greedy hungry mnetters?

Did she park one of these in the middle of the seating area wink

best sofa ever

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 16:56:53

it looked just like that KateSMN. grin Sorry about this thread.

Sirzy Wed 03-Apr-13 16:57:22

Having worked in an asda cafe I am still amazed that anyone had a massive portion of anything!

sweetiepie1979 Wed 03-Apr-13 16:57:44

Oh, I don't understand. Nay e the threads earlier about cliques are right. I don't know what your all talking about. Never mind, I'll hide and look elsewhere.

sweetiepie1979 Wed 03-Apr-13 16:58:49

Sorry Naye is maybe.

Sparklingbrook Wed 03-Apr-13 17:00:26

Oh no don't sweetie. if you read my unoffended thread it will make sense. No clique here, I just happened to confess that I had fed DS1 this terrible meal and dizzy started this thread.

sjupes Wed 03-Apr-13 17:00:57

Naughty dizzy grin i feel your pain at being unoffended sparkling it's happening to often these days wink

Chandon Wed 03-Apr-13 17:01:30

oh I wish this was true!!!

I wish I could get fish and chips, and massive plates of it, in a supermarket caf.

Instead they always sell stale pastries and pasties and tired sandwiches...

boo.

maybe we could get a petition going to introduce Fish 'n Chips to our supermarket cafs!

Fish and chips are much better IMHO than pizza or some other over processed horse meat.

Yabu

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now